Where have I heard that music before?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
That music sounds so familiar; I'm sure I've heard it somewhere other than this game before. It sounds like the sort of ragtime tunes that were popular at the time the game takes place (late 19th to early 20th century). Anyone know the name of the tune? Kind of driving me crazy.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It's an old Joplin tune and one of his more popular compositions. The Sting had a lot of his music but I don't remember this one being in it. It has been in a few movies over the years and if you ever go to a Disney park and hang around the ragtime pianist for more than a few songs, you will likely hear it. They play it as background music on Main Street USA as well.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Thanks. Now that I think of it, a lot of times, if the characters in a film are watching a silent movie, this is often the background music. I think they might also have used it for some Sesame Street pantomimes. I knew it was too good for a pinball original.

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
I do remember Bally using that music in another game they produced... it was the video billiards game Gimme A Break (part of their Sente line).

Members online

Members online