Anyone else notice "Failsight" on the leaderboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
Last night I noticed a user going by "Failsight" had taken the top spot on most games. I'm not looking at it right now, but their Theatre of Magic score was literally in the neighborhood of like 8 Quintillion points, making it their most obvious hacked score. I hate being on the same leaderboard with hacks.

What are the chances of getting these scores removed? Will it just happen again? I have some pretty decent scores. I don't mind legitimately dropping down because someone was better than me, but dropping down due to cheating is the worst.

Also, I'm a new guy around here, so maybe this happens from time to time? Can anyone shed any light on this situation?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
It used to happen a lot more frequently than it does now it seems. FS removes obviously hacked scores, but you have to wonder how many scores in general that aren't inflated or have an anti-TPA pun in their name go unnoticed.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Well I learned that Apple have allowed developers more freedom of the Game Center leaderboards. FS can now erase hacked scores, but I still see failsight and others at the top. Idk if this failsight hack is cross-platform.

Kemetman72

Banned
Sep 12, 2012
Hey I had a two day game going! Seriously though I have seen it too and I am like right...sure and I hit a billion on Big Shot!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I've actually been kind of curious about the tournament leaderboard on iOS that is "www.digitalpinballfans.com" which is the address for this forum website. That seemed like potentially fake to me since I'm not aware of any of the mods acknowleding it and it seems weird that anyone would promote it without letting the community know about it.

keithmoon

Dec 17, 2013
This guy (FailSight) is still there and has points like 6,666,666,666,666. Why is he still there?? Please remove him!

Last edited:

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
This boy is posting high scores either from a developer kit of some version or by directly manipulating the pinball arcade website where the high scores are shown. It should be easy enough to determine the platform being exploited.

This week's hacked scores are on the following tables:

Fish Tales
Black Knight 2000
Medieval Madness
Cirqus Voltaire
Monster Bash
Gorgar
No Good Gofers
Terminator 2

And All-Time hacked scores:

Fish Tales
Black Knight 2000
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Medieval Madness
Cirqus Voltaire (only one not set this week)
Monster Bash
Gorgar
No Good Gofers
Terminator 2

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've actually been kind of curious about the tournament leaderboard on iOS that is "www.digitalpinballfans.com" which is the address for this forum website. That seemed like potentially fake to me since I'm not aware of any of the mods acknowledging it and it seems weird that anyone would promote it without letting the community know about it.
It's not us. The only thing I can think of is maybe one of our ex-members is getting his jollies by hacking in a score under the forum URL to imply that we're all cheaters, but that's a bit of a stretch, even for the invaders.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I've actually been kind of curious about the tournament leaderboard on iOS that is "www.digitalpinballfans.com" which is the address for this forum website. That seemed like potentially fake to me since I'm not aware of any of the mods acknowleding it and it seems weird that anyone would promote it without letting the community know about it.

I checked the tournament results like 2 months ago and saw the username "www.digitalpinballfans.com" and that is how I found out about this site. I mainly posted on the Facebook page before finding the site.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok, I admit it. "www.digitalpinballfans.com" is me. Yes, I'm that good. Don't pay attention to that "Fungi" score. That guy obviously doesn't know what he's doing. Although he IS very good looking.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Real pinball can be exploited too.

Once i found a getaway that randomly tripped a supercharger switch sometimes when flipping.

one supercharger mode later, i broke 3 billion. :)

no this was not in a tournament. :)

1moreastronaut

Aug 22, 2013
Hope this gets fixed... if so, I currently have the top February score for T2 on mobile. :)

Seriously lame that someone considers this a good use of their time.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
I just noticed all those scores were removed. There's still at least one more ridiculous score, but it's nice to see they're on top of it.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It appears that "www.digitalpinballfans.com" has changed his username to "www.vpforums.org".

invitro

May 4, 2012
These are the usernames currently on the leaderboards, or recently removed, other than FailSight, that I have noted as hacked:

Fritz Hutterer: for TOTAN quintillion and BK2K 499B.
Rob: for Big Shot 15,251,410 and Genie 17,639,850 (10 points over Tarek Oberdieck).
The Pinbug Arcade: for Centaur 1,457,563,900 (now removed).
NukaCola: for Pin*Bot 2,247,483,647 (now removed).

There are a lot (~30) scores on RBioN a hair over 10B, all with "Firstname Lastname" username format, that I think are glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.