iOS 3.3.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This thread is for posting bugs for iOS version 3.3.1 ONLY (new bugs as well as lingering issues that haven't been fixed). If you want to post general feedback or comments, then please use THIS THREAD instead. Anything posted here that is not a bug will be moved or deleted.

When posting a bug, please use the following format:

Device/OS:

Bug Description:

Steps To Reproduce:

Frequency:

Additional Comments:

Please also remember to email any bugs you find to support@pinballarcade.com

Thank you!

Last edited:

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012
EDIT: DID A HARD RESET AND NOW SEEMS TO BE FINE.

Device/OS: iPAD1 & iOS5.1.1

Bug Description: crash on table start

Steps To Reproduce: open app hit my tables and then start, start again, crash. Or go to bk2000 start, crash

Frequency: every time since update

Additional Comments:worked better than ever before the update

Last edited:

Lostboy

Oct 21, 2012
Device/OS: iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Bug Description: Touch screen doesn't work at far bottom-right, for right flipper, for games with launch buttons, even though the launch button is on top.

Steps To Reproduce: Play a game with a launch button, such as T2 or Attack From Mars.

Frequency: 100%

Additional Comments: This only happens on games with launch buttons, such as T2 or Attack From Mars. But games without launch buttons, such as Big Shot do not have this issue. I found that by going into the Table Menu's Options and cycling through the Button Positions, until it's back on Top, it will correct the issue for that session (but will be a problem again when launching the game later). I'm using Touch Scheme type A.

Even though the launch button is on top, the right flipper only works when touching the green area. It does nothing if I touch the red area.
tpa.jpg

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Happened once on ipad air, bk2k. Plunger would only move the ball up a tiny bit. And every time i tried to plunge, the flippers flipped as well.

Calling for the attendant helped me continue my game.

night

May 18, 2012
Not really a bug but table history on BK2K is probably too long, as the text is cut-off at the end. iPad2 iOS7.04

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Happened once on ipad air, bk2k. Plunger would only move the ball up a tiny bit. And every time i tried to plunge, the flippers flipped as well.

Calling for the attendant helped me continue my game.

Twice now.

pinbot

Aug 12, 2012

Bug Description: black knight (orig.) crash on start

Steps To Reproduce: launch app, my tables, bk start, crash

Frequency: 100% so far

Additional Comments: another hard reset seems to have fixed this now. Don't usually have to reset iPad to get apps to work like this. Definitely less stable than previous version.

Edit: now crashing again on all table starts.

Last edited:

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Device/OS: iPhone 4

Bug Description: Bk2k, the plunger is already all the way out without me touching anything

Steps To Reproduce: drain a ball. It automatically zooms to a plunger that is all the way out

Frequency:5% to 10%

Additional Comments: not a big deal, because the plunger will still work fine when I touch it. Awesome table

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 4, 7.04

Bug Description: Still getting the hang up on entering initials on Black Rose.

Steps To Reproduce: I accidentally bumped it when it happened, and being I am trying to build up the jackpot, I sure am not trying it again.

Frequency:

Additional Comments: I had updated to the newest, "fixed" version.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Device/OS: iPad 4, 7.0.4

Bug Description: App shuts down despite not actually being manually closed.

Steps To Reproduce: Hit home button to check something (email?) and come back to TPA and it restarts the app.

Frequency: at least 75% of the time

Additional Comments: This sucks for the simple reason that if you have a long game, or are trying to build jackpots and need to do something quickly, you can't, you are held hostage by TPA. This didn't happen in previous releases that I can remember.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I had that problem too, pinballchris. I don't think it's a TPA-exclusive thing, see if it does it with other apps as well. I suspect it's more an iOS7-thing.

ieure

Feb 18, 2014
Device/OS: iPad Mini (non-Retina), iOS 7.0.4

Bug Description: On tables with a ball plunger, the camera never moves off the plunger after launching the ball. Flippers are unresponsive, table is unplayable.

Steps To Reproduce: Try to play any table with a plunger.

Additional Comments: Seemed to happen after I tried Challenges I played a few balls, did poorly, and quit out. Next time I tried playing TPA, symptoms were as described. Additionally, I noticed that the touch control scheme was set to “ó”, which obviously isn't valid. I set it back to A, but every table remains unplayable.

ieure

Feb 18, 2014

Bug Description: At the start of a game on tables with a ball launch button (AFM, MM), even though the camera is focused on the launch chute, touching the screen flips the flippers. The ball cannot be launched; the game is unplayable.

Steps To Reproduce: Try to play any table with a ball launch button.

Additional Comments: With the previous bug, renders every single table unplayable.

LeBaron

Jun 8, 2013
Device: iPad 3, ios 7
Bug Description: Can't launch ball in Attack From Mars
Steps to Reproduce: I'd played Black Knight 2000 first. Difficult to tell the cause as plunger now permanently unusable

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013

Bug Description: At the start of a game on tables with a ball launch button (AFM, MM), even though the camera is focused on the launch chute, touching the screen flips the flippers. The ball cannot be launched; the game is unplayable.

Steps To Reproduce: Try to play any table with a ball launch button.

Additional Comments: With the previous bug, renders every single table unplayable.

You may need to backup your save data (remote) via the options menu and reinstall the app. It sounds like your savedata has somehow been corrupted and your camera values (like your touch scheme) are invalid and are resulting in undefined behavior.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Device: iPad 3, ios 7
Bug Description: Can't launch ball in Attack From Mars
Steps to Reproduce: I'd played Black Knight 2000 first. Difficult to tell the cause as plunger now permanently unusable
There should be a "Launch Ball" button on the right side of the screen.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Device/OS: iPad 4, 7.0.4

Bug Description: App shuts down despite not actually being manually closed.

Steps To Reproduce: Hit home button to check something (email?) and come back to TPA and it restarts the app.

Frequency: at least 75% of the time

Additional Comments: This sucks for the simple reason that if you have a long game, or are trying to build jackpots and need to do something quickly, you can't, you are held hostage by TPA. This didn't happen in previous releases that I can remember.

I've isolated the cause of this crash. Typically our render thread is blocked before the app is fully backgrounded but it seems that it not consistently the case anymore. I've put in a fix for this and my TestFlight data indicates it is successful.

https://developer.apple.com/library...n.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008793-CH5-SW1

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013

Bug Description: black knight (orig.) crash on start

Steps To Reproduce: launch app, my tables, bk start, crash

Frequency: 100% so far

Additional Comments: another hard reset seems to have fixed this now. Don't usually have to reset iPad to get apps to work like this. Definitely less stable than previous version.

Edit: now crashing again on all table starts.

I'm not getting this crash -- would it be possible for you to send your crash report to support@pinballarcade.com?
This page explains how to gather the report (Getting Crash Logs Without Xcode):
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1747/_index.html

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I've isolated the cause of this crash. Typically our render thread is blocked before the app is fully backgrounded but it seems that it not consistently the case anymore. I've put in a fix for this and my TestFlight data indicates it is successful.

https://developer.apple.com/library...n.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008793-CH5-SW1
Did that only crop up in this current version? Because I mentioned it in the bug thread for the last one but it was dismissed. Curious if it's a new issue or it happened with 3.2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online