iOS 3.3.1 Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Since the last update disaster on the iPad2, there are other weird things going on besides stuttering, like I now have octagon-shaped chrome rings on BoPB instead of round ones!

Same here on the iPad mini 1st gen with the wire ramp circular rings but I believe this is the lower LOD (level of detail) graphics/textures that are used with the less-capable devices.

As a data point, the low detail wire ramp rings are also present on TPA v3.3.0 (which I still have on my mini 1st gen for testing purposes) so I don't think v3.3.1 had anything to do with it. I really didn't notice those rings until you mentioned it.

Last edited:

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
Yeah, the lower-end devices (iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad Mini (1st gen), iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4(S)) use a lower level-of-detail for the sake of performance.

I couldn't isolate what caused the FPS drop with the latest patch; I suspected it was the TestFlight SDK I put in but the performance was still bad without it there. However, I did find some bottlenecks in our rendering code and the app seems to run at a steady 60 FPS on everything but RBION (getting 55~60 FPS) now.

night

May 18, 2012
Yeah, the lower-end devices (iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad Mini (1st gen), iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4(S)) use a lower level-of-detail for the sake of performance.

Hi Stuart, octagon-shaped rings on BoPB never happened before on the iPad2/Mini. The drop in detail happened after the last update.

night

May 18, 2012
Very strange.. puzzeling. It's not that I play BoPB every day, but this is the first time I see it has the octagon shapes, and I am amost certain this was never the case..
Anyone else on the iPad2/Mini who can confirm this?

night

May 18, 2012
And now that we are on the stuttering/framerate issues, Black Hole suffers from these problems since iOS6, it would be great (and about time) that this table would finally functioning again like it did on iOS5, where it played smooth and fast.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Was going to post earlier but thought I'd have a good scout around first Night. I can't see any octagons at all on BoPB...

Any chance of a screen shot so we can see what you mean?

Benarndo

Mar 3, 2014
Created an account just to contribute to the shuttering issue thread. I have an ipad2 on iOS 7.0.4 and another one on 7.0.6, and also an iPhone 4S on 7.0.4 and another on 7.0.6. We have shuttering issues on both iPads, but none on the iPhones. Seems to be an iPad 2 issue.

We never had any performance or shuttering issues prior to this latest TPA update. Shuttering seems to affect most tables. We tested them all, with the worst being on black hole, black knight, ToTAN, genie, Harley Davidson, haunted house, MB, Star Trek, TZ, and theatre or magic. Strangely, terminator 2 and space shuttle do not appear affected, but we only tested them for a couple minutes each. Like I said, almost all other tables appear affected as well, but not nearly as bad as the above ones. The ball literally teleports to a center drain on the above ones, while on the others the ball just isn't as smooth as before.

I hope this info helps. This is my favorite app of all time and it's almost unplayable now.

Blublub

Feb 23, 2014
FWIW, another with stuttering making things unplayable on almost all tables on iPad 2 w/7.06.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Had some weird Black Rose issues tonight. Jackpot reset even though it wasn't collected and I didn't exit out of the table. Then, high score initial entry was really bugged. Both left and right moved the letter select left. Clicking delete had the same effect as clicking start.

iPad 3. Latest OS. Frequency: once in many, many plays.

DJWhoDunnit

Dec 23, 2012

I couldn't isolate what caused the FPS drop with the latest patch; I suspected it was the TestFlight SDK I put in but the performance was still bad without it there. However, I did find some bottlenecks in our rendering code and the app seems to run at a steady 60 FPS on everything but RBION (getting 55~60 FPS) now.

if this results in a playable RBION soon on iPod 4g that would be amazing, only table that I've never had an acceptably smooth game on...CV is damn similar though, like playing on the moon

night

May 18, 2012
Was going to post earlier but thought I'd have a good scout around first Night. I can't see any octagons at all on BoPB...

Any chance of a screen shot so we can see what you mean?

bopb.jpg

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Oh - I'm on ipad2 and can confirm I definitely noticed those octagonal rings a while back. BoP was in a recent tournament and I noticed it then. I mean they were like that prior to the most recent update.

Benarndo

Mar 3, 2014
For Bride of Pinbot I get the octagonal rings on the iPad 2, but on the iPhone 4s they are round. Not sure if this was always the case. Regardless, the table is still unplayable on the iPad 2.
Someone above mentioned a bottle neck. I think that's a good description of the problem. The shuttering problem isn't a constant reduction in frame-rate. Rather, the table constantly runs at what appears to be a slightly reduced frame rate for the first couple seconds after plunging the ball, then its followed by a speed burst that teleports the ball further on its trajectory, then back to slightly reduced frame rate for a few more seconds, and this is repeated every couple seconds. This continues indefinitely during the game. The processing never catches up.

night

May 18, 2012
I dare to say I am 100% certain the octagon-shaped rings did not appear in the past on my iPad2. I am suspecting they are like this with the introduction of season 3 or so, but hard to say as I don't play that BoPB often.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Woo. Another table. Another unregistered goal bug. Don't break the habit of a lifetime :)

Ios6. IPhone 4

Black knight skyway bonus. Tried both the ransom way and by lighting black. Both times were multi ball (used double knight) so guess the other ball hit something and interrupted the award?

Pod

Pushbinlou

Mar 2, 2014
I am also chiming in on the stuttering issue. iPad 2 ios 7.0.6. This definitely happened after the last update. The stuttering happens on most but not all tables. On some tables like ToTAN the stuttering makes things unplayable.

Granny

Oct 16, 2013
The stuttering issue on my ipad2 makes me want to just flat out cry. Gosh dernit, I sure wish I'd have read this forum prior to the update I just blindly took. Dad-blastit! I can't play pinball anymore! I mean to tell you what, we've only got one pinball machine in this here town, and it's a dad gum CSI in a smokey ol' bowling alley, so I reckon that's out. Reckon I'll read a book or somethin. This here is Granny signing off until she's fixed.
PS not sure why i channeled Slim Pickens for this post- could be the scotch I been a'drinkin in lieu of playin some pinball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts