That song...

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Here's an excerpt from a website I found:
-------------------------------------------------

Update, 26th September 2005:

Stephanie Rogers, the voice of The Machine, sent me exclusive information that was previously unknown to many: she sang the Choir of Angels together with a friend, and she also provides the accurate lyrics here!

That's me and my college roommate, Glo Van Vlack. Choir of angels, eh? We did that in the studio at Williams under the direction of Steve Ritchie. [...]
The angel voices were fun. I had forgotten all about the "ahhh..." part. The male speaking voice is Rich, who was an audio engineer there. How funny.

By the way, the true words to BK2000 are:

We got the power
We got the might
Get ready for battle
Beat the Black Knight!

Now I'm quite sure it should be "you got the power" and "get ready to battle", but I'll leave that up to Stephanie to judge. Thanks for the info!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I always hear a few bits of music that sound exactly the same as Whirlwind. I wonder if they recycled some of the sounds into other games...

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Nice use of BK2000 music:

Nice :)

Rage Against the Machine just did a few backflips in its grave.

I once heard a Cassetteboy mashup of John Lennon's Imagine and Crazy Frog.

Had a similar "that actually fits, in a really disturbing way" vibe going on.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Lyrics are definitely..

"You got the power!" "Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"
"You got the might"! "No way..."
"Get ready for battle" "Give me your money!"
"Beat the Black Knight!" "Ha ha ha ha ha ha!"

Last edited:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Designer Steve Ritchie wrote it himself.

He also wrote the music for High Speed and F-14 Tomcat, which were also games he designed.
Not just Steve Ritchie. I can't remember which interview I heard it in (but I can recall Steve saying it in his voice, so it was definitely in a podcast) but he said that he wrote most of it, but it was (I think) Brian Schmidt who wrote the main guitar lines/hooks in the songs. It could've been Dan Forden (the other guy who did sound on the game) but I don't think he composes, just does techy sound stuff.

Side-note: Brian Schmidt did the music for a number of Mega Drive (Genesis) games, including... Crue Ball, that Motley Crue-themed pinball game!

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
Not just Steve Ritchie. I can't remember which interview I heard it in (but I can recall Steve saying it in his voice, so it was definitely in a podcast) but he said that he wrote most of it, but it was (I think) Brian Schmidt who wrote the main guitar lines/hooks in the songs. It could've been Dan Forden (the other guy who did sound on the game) but I don't think he composes, just does techy sound stuff.

Side-note: Brian Schmidt did the music for a number of Mega Drive (Genesis) games, including... Crue Ball, that Motley Crue-themed pinball game!

It's definitely Schmidt's work, since the guitars and whatnot are common among his works. Crue Ball has those, WeaponLord has those, the Genesis ports of World Heroes and Super Baseball 2020 have those...

And Ed Boon was Rudy.

Still can't believe that.

I legit wanna see Netherrealm's next fighting game having Rudy as a guest character, with new quotes from Boon himself. I doubt WMS would approve, tho.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Thinking about it, Ritchie could well have been the voice for Smash TV. That was another Jarvis game and going from Eugene's speech at the DICE awards (where Steve was one of the first people he thanked) they were/are really good friends.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
You bastard. Just for that, have a think about the Bubble Bobble theme for a while.

I have thankfully forgotten how that goes. But, you can also think of the themes to Gyruss, Reactor, and Dig Dug if you like. :)

Not that it's most famous for it's music, but hopefully High Speed's music begins running through our iPads' speakers and into our heads soon.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Doo doo Doo
Doodoo dooo Doodoodoo dodoo dooo
Da Doo Doo Doo Doo da da Doo dada Doo Doo da da doo

(Bubble bobble)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.