Magna-Save Bug

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
It seems that the magna-save is lacking in power, very similiar to TOM's magic-save. It only seems to work if the the ball is only on top of it. The magna-save on the original BK has a much wider traction radius, almost an inch of range.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I don't know...I have balls get pulled out of the outlane in Theater of Magic. Not to mention that because of touchscreen issues, magna save is pretty much useless on iOS so to get that goal marked off, I had to hit the button and hope something went towards it. Ended up sucking the ball out of the inlane when the momentum should have already stopped the ball from going any further up (travelling from the flipper into the outlane and upwards just a little bit).

lio

Jul 24, 2013
The magnet really is a lot too weak - on every bk2k i've played (including my own) the magnet is a lot stronger.
Usually it can pull up slow balls almost when they are down ot the "last chance" insert in the outlane.
Also a ball that has been grabbed by the magnet swirls around a lot more before it stays in the center.

Master Magician

Feb 14, 2013
For that matter, there's a very important question the "options" menu does not answer::: WHAT BUTTON ACTIVATES THE MAGNA SAVE? On a PC. Its not listed in the control option menu, or the instructions. And I'm sure as heck not going to just start pressing buttons at random. So what button on the PC activates it?

N

netizen

For that matter, there's a very important question the "options" menu does not answer::: WHAT BUTTON ACTIVATES THE MAGNA SAVE? On a PC. Its not listed in the control option menu, or the instructions. And I'm sure as heck not going to just start pressing buttons at random. So what button on the PC activates it?

the secondary flipper, on BK2K it'll be the Right one.

N

netizen

or go into the keyboard mappping options to look or and set it to whatever is convenient

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Unless I'm totally blind, there's no option in keyboard mapping for the Magna Save. Flippers, Plunger, Camera view, Tilt, all that is there, filling up two screens. But no secondary flipper. Whatever it is, it's permanently stuck on default as there's no option to change it. So, I need to know what the default setting is.
Does anyone play this game on PC in the first place?

I do, and like the use an xbox controller. Much easier than remembering which key is for nudging, magnasave, etc.,

N

netizen

Unless I'm totally blind, there's no option in keyboard mapping for the Magna Save. Flippers, Plunger, Camera view, Tilt, all that is there, filling up two screens. But no secondary flipper. Whatever it is, it's permanently stuck on default as there's no option to change it. So, I need to know what the default setting is.
Does anyone play this game on PC in the first place?

oh yeah totally no option at all:

config.png

2nd Right Flipper is the one you want for Magna save on BK2K as mentioned. Configure it to how you want or leave it as default; what is shown is not default settings.

Use the arrow keys to highlight the mapping you want to change press select, then the key on your keyboard you want to map to the command, repeat as necessary.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Just bumping to the top. Manga-save still too weak and has no range. The ball must be right on top of it to work. IRL,the ball would be saved if it's at the top of the outlane.

Also was wrong about BK, as you get the same result as BK2000.

Any chance you can program in the magnetic force that TZ has? That's how it's done.

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Was this ever acknowledged or addressed by Farsight? The manga save seems impossible on the iPad. Especially with the button placement.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Yeah. So the manga save doesn't really work on iPad. I've never played a real table is it always this weak?

Also this table has by far the worst camera angles of any table in TPA. Especially for how fast it plays. God forbid the ball goes around the skyway loop fast and drains into the lower play field cause the camera completely loses track of it and you're at the mercy the pin gods if it drains out or not.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.