Bug Post pass acts strange on left flipper

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
On PS3, is anyone else noticing something weird when post passing from left flipper to right? The ball kind of acts as if there is a magnet that activates right under the cradle, and it kind of bounces around without going anywhere. Or that the ball suddenly gets heavier. It just seems like very odd behaviour to me, not like a pinball should act. But post passes are impossible from left to right. Right to left is fine.

Of course there really is not reason to pass the ball to the right flipper in this game... :p

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yes, there is. if you want to shoot the 1-8 drop targets, or the corner pocket, you want to pass to the right flipper.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
LTR post passes are possible, I can do them with some reliability. The trick is to flip extremely early, almost as if you're trying to send the ball up the left inlane. During DOUBLE is when it's worthwhile.

I don't understand why post passes are so asymmetric on some tables. STTNG won't let you do right-to-left, for example. I mean, I understand that passes will behave differently if the collision geometry is different on each side, but it shouldn't be, if it is then that's sloppiness or laziness in the modeling.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
in real life you'd just hold up and backhand it when it rolls back. but that doesn't actually work in TPA. so you need the post transfer.

Members online

Members online