BlahCade Podcast #5 - Two Years And Counting

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Seems to me that the reason the season pass was removed from all platforms after Apple disallowed it could be that FarSight felt they needed to have the same pricing for everyone; if iOS users didn't have a pass while everyone else did, they'd be paying 40% more per table, which obviously nobody on iOS would see as fair--and iOS is probably their single biggest market.

And let's not fool ourselves, the reason why people on every platform are upset about it is really money; if they'd dropped the table price by 40% to compensate, loss of the pass would only be a slight hit to convenience; as it is though, combined with the recent drop from two to one tables per pack, in a short period of time, new tables in effect had their price multiplied x3.

When I thought of that I was at first worried that FarSight had priced themselves out of the casual market, but then again a new buyer will still find nearly 40 tables at the old price, which is probably way more than someone could buy and still be considered a casual user anyway. ; )

Last edited:

DukeCityPinball

Apr 5, 2012
Listener Male Sack *cough*
I can't figure out where the 'real' TPA Barcade thread is. Is there a wizard goal that you cannot achieve? Or a goal that was especially difficult to achieve?

Really digging the show. Glad its up on iTunes now, I was pretty ignorant beforehand. Only heard rumblings of it...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Listener Male Sack *cough*
I can't figure out where the 'real' TPA Barcade thread is. Is there a wizard goal that you cannot achieve? Or a goal that was especially difficult to achieve?

Really digging the show. Glad its up on iTunes now, I was pretty ignorant beforehand. Only heard rumblings of it...

ZOMG, a *real* mailbag question. Thank you DukeCityPinball!

We'll have to address that in the next podcast.

Also glad you're liking the content.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.