BK2K: Strategies and Tips.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
1) Get extra balls. There appears to be no limit on the loop combo extra balls, but after you get it up to 5 loops for extra ball if you don't one time it up you are NOT getting it. beating the current loop champion gets you an extra ball. For a new game, this is six loops in a row.Also, ransom always light the skyway for extra ball.

2) Get hold bonus! every time you collect it, that's one less time you need to max out the bonusx. each extra ball at 5x bonus gives you a good chunk of points right there.

3) When doing your score run, play the game a lot to carry over ransom letters and the 4 million jackpot.

4) to get the ball to the upper playfield from the left flipper, you can shoot the lightning wheel.

5) a good 50% of the time if you hold the right flipper up after shooting the lightning wheel it will tag the "R" lane.

6) a good 50% of the time a full plunge will tag the "W" lane if you just hold the flipper up. these are good tricks for double knights challenge. Note that you can trap balls coming down through the war lanes, and then backhand the lightning wheel. See tip 5 above. :)

7) Only do a full plunge if the light ransom letter is already lit, and the drawbridge is down. otherwise, always try to spell WIN to light light ransom letter.

8) the right lock hole's kickout is very safe to dead bounce. Then shoot the lightning wheel.

9) if the hurry up value starts low (200k, 500k, etc.) try to collect it anyway so you next hurryup will start higher. if it's 1 million or 1.5 million. let it time out if you don't shoot it fast. you will lose out on points if you collect a high hurryup at a low value.

10) Remember the unnoffical rule. if you don't spell BLACK, you score doesn't count. :) Ask any BK2K owner and they will tell you the same thing.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2014
What's up with the lightning wheel in this game?

It seems like you get the initial, what is it, 4 times it's "free", then after that, it goes out forever with no way to relight it seems? Is that so?

Also I get such terrible awards. There seem to be quite a few of them, but I almost always get a small amount of points... Hmm.

Otherwise I love the table very much. Score right now is around 33 million.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
What's up with the lightning wheel in this game?

It seems like you get the initial, what is it, 4 times it's "free", then after that, it goes out forever with no way to relight it seems? Is that so?

Also I get such terrible awards. There seem to be quite a few of them, but I almost always get a small amount of points... Hmm.

Otherwise I love the table very much. Score right now is around 33 million.

The left inlane lights the wheel for a second or 2 before turning itself off again.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Does anyone have a good strategy for hitting the upper ramp? It just seems like luck to me. Any shots feeding from the loop are too fast and have too much downwards momentum to go anywhere near it. I just need to hope that either it dribbles out of the gate slowly enough, or get lucky with a rebound.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
This is very much intentional. the ramp is designed to NOT flow from the loop shot. so you need to get a good bounce. try a one time off the lightning wheel that will work sometimes. sometimes a flip will deflect off the war lane rubber and up the ramp.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.