Pinball Dreams/Illusions/Fantasies/Mania Weekend Promo

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Just got an e-mail from GOG, package on sale for $2.99 for the weekend. I played most of these on the Amiga in the 1990s, so if you want a trip back in time it's something to consider.

http://www.gog.com/game/pinball_gold_pack

What's cool about it:
A great bundle with classics like Pinball Dreams 1 and 2, Pinball Illusions, Pinball Fantasies/Pinball Mania.
20 tables with great music and oldschool-style graphics and animations.
A neverending, coin-free, pure arcade pinball extravaganza!

Disclaimer: I am not in any way related to GOG or the publisher of these games.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I played those game a lot at the time, loved it ^^

I don't think I'm gonna take them, I'm afraid they didn't hold well with time though...

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
I already have it :3 I also have Dreams and Fantasies on my PSP/Vita and I played them tons, but ever since Zen Pinball 2 and The Pinball Arcade came out, I rarely play it now...

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I think those PC versions are running under DOSBox no? You can easily run them on Android that way...

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
I bought them, just quickly tried dreams and illusions and both use dosbox. I remember how amazing it looked on the Amiga... these are the PC adaptations but they look similar.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I have the Dreams and Illusions on PS3. Very good games.

If you like these I'd also recommend Psycho Pinball on Mega Drive. In my opinion it's the most underrated pinball game.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I remember Psycho Pinball having some pretty nice table design and deep rules for its time, but was crippled by some nearly unplayable flipper physics. The sea-themed table was the worst, with several shots at angles the flippers literally could not shoot except by random rebounds off something else.

I actually still have a DOS machine for Pro Pinball Timeshock, and played Fantasies on it within the last year too. Should try a whirl on Psycho as well.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
I bought these and I so regretted it. Time has not been on their side. They are not timeless like the Pro Pinball series :(

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I like the PC ports of Fantasies and Illusions, but the PC Pinball Dreams makes changes to the tables and physics for the worse. I like the iOS Dreams (which is a good port of the original Amiga version) a lot better.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
I know this isn't quite the right thread, but... Did iOS 7.1 break the Pinball Dreams/Fantasies ports for anyone else? Because now whenever I open the app it never gets past the splash screen. :(

skykid3k

Dec 21, 2012
I know this isn't quite the right thread, but... Did iOS 7.1 break the Pinball Dreams/Fantasies ports for anyone else? Because now whenever I open the app it never gets past the splash screen. :(

It's not just you, I've had the same problems.

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Wow, both apps were actually updated today, and they work again! Pretty crazy, I thought that Cowboy Rodeo was gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.