FS's answer on Facebook related to long waited Art issues.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i just had saw this question/answer on TPA in FB today:
Brent Halpenny: It would be nice if Twilight Zone had the left and right artwork on the slingshots reversed, because as it is now... it is backwards, to the real table!
FS: yes, it is, don't think that made it to the megapatch, but we will work on getting it fixed asap, along with the Genie "Bonus/Bouns" bug.

so does it means that (finally after monthes and even years in some cases) work for art fixes for TZ, Teed Off, Genie, Monster Bash (and many other tables with messed art and "rotating" inlays when they lit) is really currently in progress, or this was just generic answer about something from FS's "to do" list planned for "sometime in future" ?

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Aren't there bigger problems to fix first? Like equalizing the PS4 and PC versions, implementing a proper in-game portrait mode, heck, even cab support.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Aren't there bigger problems to fix first? Like equalizing the PS4 and PC versions, implementing a proper in-game portrait mode, heck, even cab support
nope, because PS4 is new "problem", portrait mode is not fully implemented yet so it is not problem yet. but all this old issues are here for eternity, haunting veteran pinball players and as you'll play more in TPA you will see what it means too.
and if we will wait for "equalising" TPA for all platforms like x360, ps3,4 in terms of table releases then we'll wait for fixes forever, as we already do, lol.

Last edited:

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Time for a reality check vpalmer...

How many do you think are gonna rotate their big screen TV to portrait mode? I do it on my PC but don't anticipate it on my PS4.

Farsight is putting their resources where it counts the most.

Can you say "manage your expectations?"

Timelord ....

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Time for a reality check vpalmer...
How many do you think are gonna rotate their big screen TV to portrait mode? I do it on my PC but don't anticipate it on my PS4.
Farsight is putting their resources where it counts the most.
Can you say "manage your expectations?"
time to check your eyes, mr. Special: i did not write that portrait mode is something needed, actualy i said that it something that is not a problem.

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
Would be cool to turn a 50 inch tv in portrait mode no?
Just kidding ^^

Actually there was a guy who did that with a 40-50" TV with his MAME arcade machine set up (I think his name was H4CK3R on the HyperSpin/HyperPin forums). That way he could play 4:3 and 16:9 games on there normally, then rotate it to portrait for classic arcade games with tall screens like vertical shoot 'em ups. It was cool, but I think it was a custom and/or really expensive wall mount.

Vegard

Jan 2, 2014
Its hard enough to find a mount to do that for a 24" PC monitor.

I bought a rotating monitor after I started playing TPA. It's a hassle rotating it via Nvidia control panel and back again when I'm done playing, but it does make the game a lot more fun. Wish it had an in-game option though like FX2 does.

hammr25

Oct 4, 2012
Aren't there bigger problems to fix first? Like equalizing the PS4 and PC versions, implementing a proper in-game portrait mode, heck, even cab support.

I don't see what any of those has to do with the art guy fixing art issues on some tables. I would however say he's probably doing more important things like making new art for new tables so they can sell them. Things that don't affect how a table plays are certainly going to be lower priority than other work items.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I bought a rotating monitor after I started playing TPA. It's a hassle rotating it via Nvidia control panel and back again when I'm done playing, but it does make the game a lot more fun. Wish it had an in-game option though like FX2 does.

I agree. That rotation option needs to be in there.

If you have a laptop then you may be able to use control+alt+up/down/left/right to rotate your screen. When I had AMD cards you could also create keyboard macros to do the same thing through the Catalyst Control Center. But lost that when I got an NVidia card. If someone found an alternate solution for a screen rotation macro all ears.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I don't see what any of those has to do with the art guy fixing art issues on some tables. I would however say he's probably doing more important things like making new art for new tables so they can sell them. Things that don't affect how a table plays are certainly going to be lower priority than other work items.

+1

I'm sure that >90% of players have no clue about most of these art "issues".

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I'm sure that >90% of players have no clue about most of these art "issues".
then lets play on whiteboards or make rethemed version of TAF - because ">90% have no clue about blah, blah, blah"
only people who did not see original MB toys did not mention difference between TPA's Igor figure and real table version.

and this was not me who wrote "Every flipper, bumper, sound effect and display pixel has been painstaking emulated in astonishing detail" at "our mission" section of game menu.

Last edited:

ND3G

Feb 25, 2012
I have been waiting for a cabinet mode forever but I agree that they need to take care of the bugs in the existing tables before they start worrying about new modes.

Along side the release of their new tables each month I think they should choose at least one existing table and fix the issues with it.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts