Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Dear God that thing is huge. It's been almost 20 years since I owned my last VR headset and this thing is still about the same damn size.

I'm interested to see how well (or how terrible) it turns out, but if it is massive, dorky and messes up my hair then no way will I use it.
...unless of course it is just so awesome that I must. I really don't see that happening on the PS4 though.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Dear God that thing is huge. It's been almost 20 years since I owned my last VR headset and this thing is still about the same damn size.

I'm interested to see how well (or how terrible) it turns out, but if it is massive, dorky and messes up my hair then no way will I use it.
...unless of course it is just so awesome that I must. I really don't see that happening on the PS4 though.

It has to be big enough to put the screens far away from your eyeballs so you can focus on them. No one can focus 5mm from their eyeball. Even if they put in optical correction there's still a minimum of an inch or two that it has to be away from the eyes. I would think they'd have to put in optical correction though or no one over 40 years old would be able to use them.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
It'll be interesting for sure.

I had really good accuracy with the Move controllers being used as guns.
Combined with the Sony Shooting Attachments it worked well and was a lot of fun with House of the Dead and Resident Evil games. I only wish they would have released the GunBullet (Point Blank) collection here..

Yeah I have one of those and one of the sharpshooter dual controller guns and they are fairly accurate but I think with the helmet you would be better served with a gun that sensed position and orientation in relation to the helmet instead of working with a camera.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I really hope Farsight gets in on this....
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/27/5553506/project-morpheus-indie-dev-kit

Sony is more interested in courting indies than mainstream game developers for its virtual reality headset Project Morpheus, said Shuhei Yoshida, head of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios.

"Actually I am very excited to work with indie developers because we've been communicating with third party publishers, and the typical conversations go, you know the developers in the third party publishers, they are really excited, but they say, ‘Oh well, I have to get approval from the business side.' And it's very hard for big companies to approve something that no one knows if there's a market for it," Yoshida told Polygon last week. "But the indie guys are like, ‘I like it, I'll do it.' And there are many indie games being created in the marketplace because of that.

Vince

Nov 7, 2013
I think FS working on Morpheous is a scary thing; we would end up needing to strap the headset onto our arses maybe, because they had 'overlooked' something.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I think FS working on Morpheous is a scary thing; we would end up needing to strap the headset onto our arses maybe, because they had 'overlooked' something.

I can see it now. "Oops we accidentally put the mobile textures into the Morpheus version instead of the PS4 textures. Don't worry though, we'll get that fixed immediately in about 8 or 12 months or so"
Let's let them fix the game we've already paid them for before we ask them to inflict more on us.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.