Steps to reproduce the 'locked ball spat back out' bug

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Works 100% (so far) on my 2012 Nexus. Would perhaps be helpful if people on other platforms tried this.

1) Lock first ball.
2) Let second ball drain.
3) Lock third ball.
4) Lock fourth ball.

The fourth ball is spat back out.

5) Lock fourth ball again.

This time it locks correctly, and starts multiball. Intuitively, it looks like some counter is being reset when it shouldn't be when you drain a ball - note that the green arrow signifying that a ball is locked goes out when you drain, but the ball is still visible in the lock.

Edit -

This also works, to hammer home the point.

1) Lock first ball.
2) Let second ball drain.
3) Lock third ball.
4) Let fourth ball drain.
5) Lock fifth ball - spat back out.
6) Lock fifth ball again - spat back out.
7) Lock fifth ball again - multiball starts.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I believe this is actually expected behavior. You're supposed to lose credit for the locks when you drain. There's just no way for the machine to physically get the balls out of there except waiting for you to lock another so it can release one. It behaves this way on the PC version for me too.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
I feel like a moron now - it actually says "locked balls are lost if you drain the ball" in the instructions.

I was thrown by reading a few other threads that seemed to imply this was a bug, though they might have been talking about something else. Also, in my defence, the physics of it does look a bit 'teleporty', which made me think something was amiss.

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.

[sends embarrassing retraction email to Farsight support ;) ]

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
That's also how it was on the PHOF Williams version, and the instructions clarified it too.

EDIT: Nevermind, it wasn't clarified on that one.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.