Bug New bug? Table doesn't register drained ball.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
2012 Nexus 7, Android 4.4.2

If I lock the first ball then immediately drain the second, a certain proportion of the time (maybe between 1 in 5 and 1 in 10 times? Not precisely sure) the table doesn't appear to register the ball draining - it just sits there waiting. Flipping, calling the attendant or tilting don't help, I have to quit to the menu.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
2012 Nexus 7, Android 4.4.2

If I lock the first ball then immediately drain the second, a certain proportion of the time (maybe between 1 in 5 and 1 in 10 times? Not precisely sure) the table doesn't appear to register the ball draining - it just sits there waiting. Flipping, calling the attendant or tilting don't help, I have to quit to the menu.

Can't repro this.
I'm running 4.4.2 on a 2012 N7 with latest Google Play version of TPA installed.

Test work flow used - plunge and lock ball 1 (confirmed with lock 1 light going solid on.
Plunge 2nd ball - don't touch anything allow to drain.
Also checked condition where 2nd ball is released from lock instead of a plunge.
Checked approx 20 repeats.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase - fortunately it wasn't a very complicated one.

I can't reproduce it now either. Which is odd, because it was happening very consistently (must have happened 5 or 6 times in about 1 hour of fiddling around trying to figure out details of the ball lock bug).

I deleted the table and redownloaded it, perhaps that fixed it. Though it does seem like an oddly specific thing to have been caused by corruption. Who knows, one of them mysteries...

:)

Cheers.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Having now discovered the 'ball lock bug' isn't a bug, I'm going to hand in my bug hunting badge and gun for the day (perhaps year) and play some pinball instead :)

Members online

Members online