Pinball Backglass Clock Widget's for Android.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'd like to see you take a swing at Surf Champ. It would give you 4 EM scores to play with.
Plus it's a top notch backglass.

He he - much as I'd love too, the 4 em scores wouldn't be possible with my current template.
Instead of reels I use strips, which if stacked in y axis too closely would in some config overlap no matter how cleverly I layered. Also font reels don't exist for letters - only numbers.

Sliding bitmap strips with art switched off...
a8y6egys.jpg

I could do it with the fake reel method I used for Big Shot & Atlantis. Would still look OK.

Or if someone had some decent art assets you could do it with the single reel version of Surf Champ
me6eba4y.jpg

You need good high res picks straight and level with the Backglass though.

mc_mc

Dec 23, 2012
I think that looks a lot better. The white border (with the comma) still looks too pristine, need to age it / scratch it up a bit. :)

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I think that looks a lot better. The white border (with the comma) still looks too pristine, need to age it / scratch it up a bit. :)

Yeah - I got it off a Backglass Restoration website. Should have used the 'before' instead of the 'After'.
http://bgresto.com

Played around with Stern's 'Iron Maiden' tonight
Not finished yet but...
e8emu6uv.jpg

Top image is my reference pic, bottom one is the widget in progress. Been tuning the colour imagery and lcd affect to try to get a good match - quite pleased so far.
Glare needs fading a bit more in the background of the lcd.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
These are all really cool! I almost missed the because I don't visit the Android forum often. I mostly just preview machines on Android but do most of my playing on the PS3 and PS4, but I'd love to have a pinball widget on my tablet.

Dylan_h

Mar 15, 2012
These are great Baron! It's reasons like this that make me glad I switched to android after years of iPhone sameness.

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I like the space invaders widget. I'm using it on top of "Nexus Revamped" LWP then in Revamped settings set Image to Nexus Dark. I have then set space invaders widget Bitmap image down to about 55 Opacity. you then get criss crossing beams moving across the screen and through the widget.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I like the space invaders widget. I'm using it on top of "Nexus Revamped" LWP then in Revamped settings set Image to Nexus Dark. I have then set space invaders widget Bitmap image down to about 55 Opacity. you then get criss crossing beams moving across the screen and through the widget.

Nice tip - I'm going to try that out.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just done another tonight whilst sat watching 'Corrie'.
Mata-Hari 'Solid State ver' (4x3 recc) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5dsky23blfarss/Mata-hari.zw

ha8a4yjy.jpg

This was originally a traditional machine available in both EM & SS form. Might do an EM version with reels too.
I also have the art for a modified version of the EM from Bgresto.com, which was done as a customer request to make her topless for a one off special, but won't be posting pics of that one. :)

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Ok - 3rd attempt at EM score reels, 1st attempt at working lights behind the Backglass.
Gottlieb's 'Flying Carpet' (4x3 recc) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7u141qkxzop7pt6/Flying-Carpet.zw
amadurug.jpg

Tried to make this one more used looking, so this was my start with the art...
eba8u8yj.jpg

Had to do a little repair and cleaning, mainly to repaint the lower right girl, and some general cleaning. Then added the lower right battery reel cutouts with new art.

The finished Used look - top lit Score/Time Reels.
qa2etu4y.jpg

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
After the artwork, I started building the layers that create the various effects.
So starting at the back most layer...
azajugy9.jpg

You have the genuine Gottlieb font reels which slide around as needed, but this time with a static transparency overlay which gives the partial lighting and beatup look.

Next layer... The lights
6ahygare.jpg

The large lights are set to randomly switch on/off each time Zooper refreshes, the smaller lights are tied to the battery state (eg so 6 light = 60%+ power)

Next layer - the Blackout screen as it is in the real pin.
gyma2y8u.jpg

Then finally the finished coloured art set to about 75% opacity to allow the light when active to pass through.

This one has been a reel (dya geddit) learning curve, programmatically, and artistically, but I'm quite pleased with the results.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Looks very good to me. You're learning and having fun at the same time!

Thanks man, It's quite therapeutic really! - several people can actually attribute the fact that they are still breathing just because this is so calming. (Only joking) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.