Request Central Park Faux Multiball...

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Hi. I know it's one of the most unpopular tables in TPA, but I had the opportunity to play a Central Park IRL at the Texas Pinball Festival. Initially I couldn't figure out how to start a game, then a guy showed me how to manually dispense the ball. There are two plungers on the table: a lower plunger you push to dispense the ball, and an upper plunger you pull to plunge it into the playfield. Kind of novel, but it is possible in real life to dispense a maximum of two balls at once and plunge both into play simultaneously. In theory you could launch additional balls while previous balls are still in play but this is hard to do due to the placement of the controls. Often with many early EMs (especially the antique gaming pins) you could plunge all of your balls in rapid succession if you wanted. TPA dispenses the ball automatically whenever your previous ball drains so there is no option to manually plunge additional balls into the playfield. Obviously you only get five balls so any additional balls released into play count towards the total. Either way, I think it would be cool to manually control the dispenser in Central Park, and optionally make the game as frantic as you want, especially whenever "add-a-ball" mode is activated. Maybe use a launch button to dispense the ball and the Right analog to plunge it so the player could launch multiple balls into play if he/she chooses. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Members online

Members online