Totally different table in the tourney

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
Having now played all the tables once in the tourney they all play different. All of them are floaty and have ball physics different to what they played before. As for HD I think it is a tad easier and possibly improved but I haven't played it since reaching the 1000HOF mark and finishing the wizard goals.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Has this ever been confirmed. I have suspected it myself, as the games seem more forgiving in tournament mode. However, I have also found that when I play a table for the first time in a while, I have a pretty high likelihood of getting a great score, or a tremendous score.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
Having now played all the tables once in the tourney they all play different. All of them are floaty and have ball physics different to what they played before. As for HD I think it is a tad easier and possibly improved but I haven't played it since reaching the 1000HOF mark and finishing the wizard goals.

Has this ever been confirmed. I have suspected it myself, as the games seem more forgiving in tournament mode. However, I have also found that when I play a table for the first time in a while, I have a pretty high likelihood of getting a great score, or a tremendous score.

the tables play exactly the same in tournament mode. they only seem more floaty because recent tables are tuned much much faster, and your brain has forgotten how slow previous season offerings were.

programming the game to somehow detect how long it's been since you played a table, and then somehow give the player friendlier bounces if it's been a while? man, you are giving FarSight WAY too much credit, haha.

in arcades, i've seen people insist that a pin "obviously" had magnets that were pulling balls to the outlanes. same thing here -- it's all in your mind.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.