Zaccaria Pinball - Fire Mountain (1980) Bugs & Feedback

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
This bug persists in the current version 2.9. It takes some time until it occurs and then it will always be present. When starting a new game the lower left target will be missing. There are also balls stuck in the right eject hole.

Considering the added table rules we experienced over time that after updates different tables suddenly didnt meet the individual table rules anymore, ( eg spinners, kickout holes who dont reward points, dropdown target issues) and put quite some effort in to check them and let ASK know about this.

My advice to ASK would be to check every table if it still meets the table rules, because in the meantime i read quite some posts that discribe inaccuracies/faults considering table rules for the tables individually.

Last edited:

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
1526fd8bc50acac2e686ebfa862769e6.jpg

At the 2nd ball of the second game. Left drops are all down and don't reset. They were already down at the beginning of the game.(which is worse than before)

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Also, the right drop targets are now suffering the same problem as the left. The drop targets fail to reset with a new game. It appears to me that the rules call for a reset after all four targets in each bank are scored. If you start a new game with fewer than four targets, it is impossible for the bank to reset when all of the remaining targets are scored. Then you end up with no targets on either side for the next game. It used to be that only the lower left target failed to reset, which resulted in not being able to clear and reset the left bank. Now it affects all targets in both banks.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Lets start a new bughunting year same problems here with the dropdown targets as Zorgwon posted and second, the ball doesnt want to exit the right kickout hole.

0123e56bc9b09a96c0ec4194e3a92569.jpg

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
1-If I understand the rules correctly, hitting the spinners and getting the red light to flash should cause the drop targets to drop. Same thing with putting the ball through the top lanes when lit. Instead, it is causing any dropped targets to be reset.

2- The red light graphics read "When Lit Drops Left Hand Targets" on both sides of the table. The one on the right should read "Right".

3- Each drop target hit does not always add to the bonus per the instructions. Same thing with the top lanes when lit.

d9979313af072352a0d9a0e4bb54c0cd.jpg

Last edited:

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
1-If I understand the rules correctly, hitting the spinners and getting the red light to flash should cause the drop targets to drop. Same thing with putting the ball through the top lanes when lit. Instead, it is causing any dropped targets to be reset.

2- The red light graphics read "When Lit Drops Left Hand Targets" on both sides of the table. The one on the right should read "Right".

3- Each drop target hit does not always add to the bonus per the instructions. Same thing with the top lanes when lit.

d9979313af072352a0d9a0e4bb54c0cd.jpg

Can anyone confirm problems 1&3 for me? I have a newfound appreciation for this table and would love to see it functioning properly.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Can anyone confirm problems 1&3 for me? I have a newfound appreciation for this table and would love to see it functioning properly.
Sorry, I have checked these issues, but I forgotten to answer it.

1, Correct, this has to work opposite way.

2. Thanks, it is wrong.

3. Drop targets add bonus here, but top lanes don't.

All of them will be fixed in the next update.

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
Thanks Zsolt! I didn't play this table much when the drop targets were malfunctioning. I think now it's going to be one of my favorites.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
d870aef27c3c1038082a2a6221986fa1.jpg

[Android 3.4.1]

When I do a soft plunge and the ball doesn't clear the shooter lane, the ball gets stuck here instead of rolling back down.

I think the invisible barrier for the right gate is extending a little into the shooter lane, and this needs to be tuned.

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
d870aef27c3c1038082a2a6221986fa1.jpg

[Android 3.4.1]

When I do a soft plunge and the ball doesn't clear the shooter lane, the ball gets stuck here instead of rolling back down.

I think the invisible barrier for the right gate is extending a little into the shooter lane, and this needs to be tuned.
OMG, your would be a great tester! :) You were totally right! It will be fixed in the next update.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
OMG, your would be a great tester! :) You were totally right! It will be fixed in the next update.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! I can thank testing three seasons of TPA for my proficiency in pinball Sim beta testing. 😉

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Kickout hole bug on this table as well...

Starting to wonder whether this is something that needs fixing on a per table basis, or at a more basic level? Isn't it possible to program the kickout holes to include a distance check?

PBallGizard

Jan 30, 2014
I just want to confirm that the spinners/drop targets are working as they should. The spinners now work correctly in that when the red light is lit, the corresponding targets drop. I expected that this would have added to the bonus and ERUPTION total, but it doesn't. It actually punishes you by wiping out any drop target progress you had made prior to hitting the spinners. On one hand I can see that this may be intended, as otherwise you would never need to bother with the targets- just burn through the spinners and max out the bonus, multiplier, and ERUPTION lights. Off the top of my head, I don't recall another Zaccaria table that has the same kind of give and take shot. If this is as intended, it adds a layer of complexity that is unique. So I guess my question is, is this table playing correctly now?

Also, the graphics under the right spinner still read "when lit - drops left hand targets". Should read "right hand".

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
I just want to confirm that the spinners/drop targets are working as they should. The spinners now work correctly in that when the red light is lit, the corresponding targets drop. I expected that this would have added to the bonus and ERUPTION total, but it doesn't. It actually punishes you by wiping out any drop target progress you had made prior to hitting the spinners. On one hand I can see that this may be intended, as otherwise you would never need to bother with the targets- just burn through the spinners and max out the bonus, multiplier, and ERUPTION lights. Off the top of my head, I don't recall another Zaccaria table that has the same kind of give and take shot. If this is as intended, it adds a layer of complexity that is unique. So I guess my question is, is this table playing correctly now?
I think your thinking is reasonable and I suppose drop targets should add award in that case too. Leastwise it would be logical that way.

Also, the graphics under the right spinner still read "when lit - drops left hand targets". Should read "right hand".
Thanks, the next update will fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts