Walk the Plank pretty much impossible

Crunchewy

May 29, 2013
I just played a real Black Rose at Pinburgh and this video mode was not that difficult there, but in Pinball Arcade I find it completely impossible. I've tried on PS3 and Vita. Has anyone been able to beat even the first level? The other video modes are fine, but this one is ridiculous. Giving how relatively easy it was on a real Black Rose, I have to wonder if this is a bug. I also checked in the menus (I have the Pro pack) and there is no option to make it easier, just to change the starting level. So they didn't have it set easier at the one at PAPA headquarters.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It seems to be getting more difficult...before I could do it every time, now I generally lose on iOS. Either that or my hands are getting the arthur-itis.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
I have Black Rose on my PC and I have a 50% chance of completing this video mode. What's really a challenge is the knife throwing mode (I still can't find the pattern or the right time to press the FIRE button).

Crunchewy

May 29, 2013
I have tried using the flippers, but it's no better. On a real machine it would be better, but when your flipper buttons are the triggers/bumpers it's not so easy to rapidly tap them. I didn't use the flippers on the real machine (didn't remember that you could) either, though, and was able to beat it every time. At least level 1.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah, there are some pirates that look like dartboards because I have hit the target maybe 3 times ever. Close my eyes and I'd probably have a better shot.

Crunchewy

May 29, 2013
The knife throw, you just need to throw much sooner than you think. Throw early and you'll hit it.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
I finally beat the shuttle maze in st tng, after a year of trying. Walk the plank is easy in comparison. :D

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Believe it or not, I've beaten Walk The Plank, the Knife Throw and the Swing From The Yardarm (or whatever it's called). On my iPad, I hit the left flipper and the fire button when the pirate is headed to the water. If you wait until he hits the water, you're shark bait. On The Knife, let the pirate warm up twice, and on the third, release just before the arm straightens out. And on the rope, it's like when a real person swings-that moment when you're almost weightless. That's when you let go. It's just like going to Carnegie Hall...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I've beaten those video modes on both PS3 and Vita.

For Walk the Plank, wail on the flipper buttons as fast as you can.

The other two, you just have to hit it at the correct place in the animation. Once you determine the timing, they're pretty easy.

Practice makes better.....

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
for PC i can beat walk the plank every time by mashing both flippers and the plunger button.

Swing from the Riggings is easy.

And for knife throw there's a trick to it. If you skip the opening then press the button again a quarter of a second later, you will get it. the animation frame you press it one is just when the arm straightens out to /. It's earlier then you think, even if its been seeming to miss high on your attempts. With practice you can simply press twice in a row while the description is still visible and peg it every time.

What's fooling you is the fact that the miss animations are no clue on if you missed early or late.

shoemakesmusic

Jan 23, 2014
I had absolutely no idea that you could use the flippers in Walk the Plank. I've been pounding the tiny fire button this whole time with no luck. In fact, I got to the point where I just didn't even try. Will definitely have to give this a shot.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Yeah, once I found you could use the flippers for Walk The Plank I've been completely free of shark bites. I set the ipad on my lap, and with index fingers on the flipper areas, I do a drumroll. Works every time.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I dont get that, either.

But what is Black Rose saying when I swim?

EDIT: Figured it out: Swim ya bilge rat!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.