TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
It is kind of a bummer there was no mention of 360 or Wii U in the newsletter. They mentioned they were close to releasing the 360 version in like November, so I was at least expecting a mention. Maybe it'll coincide with Addams Family release.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Didnt they say that they had all the legal **** sorted out back in September time and they were self publishing it themselves as Microsoft now allows that!!?? If this is the case what the **** are they playing at its been 4 months it cant possible take that long to sort this **** out

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
It ain't happening, brothers. Time to move on, I know I have. There are plenty of other games out. That's not any consolation I know, but it's all we've got at this point.

I mostly came to this page out of morbid curiosity, but I can't say I'm surprised that it's still not out. It's not even a matter of whose fault it is at this point. The only thing that matters is it never came out.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
The Pinball Arcade we're getting very close to the re-release, the painfully long wait is almost over, sorry for the delay.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
The Pinball Arcade we're getting very close to the re-release, the painfully long wait is almost over, sorry for the delay.

What is the source of this statement, and when? I'll say it anyway --this has been said before!
Thanks!

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
You can find the source HERE.

Thank you. I've just read Keira Mackay's post. I have to say she's right on the money with it. As a TPA fan who's been playing musical consoles trying to find the best overall system for playing TPA (as a consequence of the lack of 360 support), I must say that I never would have initially bought any other version if the 360 had been updated all this time. The sound was so solid and tables didn't feel anywhere near as broken as other versions have. Although the tables do look a little washed out compared to PS4 and Xbox One (expected), they still look pretty good.

Also, when I looked at the screen shots, the number and alphanumeric displays and Dot matrix boxes look so much better than on the PS4 version. Just saw some screen grabs of the Gottlieb alpha-numerics on the PS4-those look "backside ugly" like they were drawn with colored pencils. I don't think they will look like that on the 360, and they don't on PC.

If FarSight finally delivers, I may in fact support it. "If" was used deliberately, because we've had more than two years to use the word "when".

But Keira is absolutely right about the fact that FarSight can save it's reputation by being more honest with owners of consoles like the 360 and the WiiU (she did not mention the latter like I am now), who still see those two consoles on display on FS's facebook page, yet nothing is still available for them. But I've already said more than enough about that.

Last edited:

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Ive been so desperate for pins on the 360 I bought the Gottlieb collection for xbox, which is compatible on the 250g 360. At $5 shipped on Amazon, there's 1 game that I might play again.
"Farsight, take my money -please!"

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Thank you. I've just read Keira Mackay's post. I have to say she's right on the money with it. As a TPA fan who's been playing musical consoles trying to find the best overall system for playing TPA (as a consequence of the lack of 360 support), I must say that I never would have initially bought any other version if the 360 had been updated all this time. The sound was so solid and tables didn't feel anywhere near as broken as other versions have. Although the tables do look a little washed out compared to PS4 and Xbox One (expected), they still look pretty good.

Also, when I looked at the screen shots, the number and alphanumeric displays and Dot matrix boxes look so much better than on the PS4 version. Just saw some screen grabs of the Gottlieb alpha-numerics on the PS4-those look "backside ugly" like they were drawn with colored pencils. I don't think they will look like that on the 360, and they don't on PC.

If FarSight finally delivers, I may in fact support it. "If" was used deliberately, because we've had more than two years to use the word "when".

But Keira is absolutely right about the fact that FarSight can save it's reputation by being more honest with owners of consoles like the 360 and the WiiU (she did not mention the latter like I am now), who still see those two consoles on display on FS's facebook page, yet nothing is still available for them. But I've already said more than enough about that.

They've said its coming. Unless they cancel development for them, I don't feel like they're being dishonest.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
They've said its coming. Unless they cancel development for them, I don't feel like they're being dishonest.

FarSight has been continually advertising TPA as being available for both consoles nearly three years now, and to this day, they still do.

TPA was available for the 360 until late summer 2013 and never available on the WiiU.

If that's not dishonesty, then I don't know what it is. Given how long FS has been advertising it for both consoles, you can't call the advertising an accident.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I guess I don't feel like they've been saying its available on those platforms, but I see what you're saying.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
If someone is looking at their website, sees the xbox 360 and wii icons, clicks on them and ends up buying them but they are not available, that is dishonest. If they keep the icons up just for show, that isn't dishonest, that's laziness on their part or could be seen as either available someday in the future (AKA The Duke Nukem effect ;)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts