TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Besides the sound, which will be patched, the PS4 version is so much better looking than the Xbox version.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Have you seen FunHouse with it's noticable horizontal line near the slingshots? FarSight had the right intent on getting the PS4 version out-but the sound still stinks four months later. Yes, the PS4 version has noticable merits, but I never would have gotten a PS4 if the then publisher didn't pull that goat rope on FarSight.

Unfortunately, the PS4 (make that POS4) version is history repeating itself.

Jan 6, 2013
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. Have you seen FunHouse with it's noticable horizontal line near the slingshots? FarSight had the right intent on getting the PS4 version out-but the sound still stinks four months later. Yes, the PS4 version has noticable merits, but I never would have gotten a PS4 if the then publisher didn't pull that goat rope on FarSight.

Unfortunately, the PS4 (make that POS4) version is history repeating itself.
So your saying ps4 is not all that?I have a feeling the xbox1 will be the console to go with for better games..but i am still happy with the 360 hell they a lot of great games coming out this year Wolfensten,Mad Max a whole bunch of stuff.I really do not see a overwhelmingly change in the grafics not where i say omg i have got to have this.But i am sure the new consoles and there grafics will get better as the game makers learn the hardware better.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I'm hoping that the return of MS publishing for FarSight means that they can put more people back to work on TPA. Increased sales will be good for all the platforms.

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
Well, when you look at the release list for Xbox 360, you might want to wait for the next gen.

Then, when you buy ps4 or xb1 and see that the release list is even smaller, you'll wonder what you were thinking.

I bet they will announce some new releases for them over the next 6 months, but I'm sticking for now.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
Great news!!!
I'm for sure still going to buy tables for 360... (Also play on Steam and I will wait 1-2 years before buying PS4/Xone)

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
(i own over 200 xbox 360 games so i won't be upgrading to new gen for awhile as my backlog of games is pretty intimidating)
Then you might be happy to know that Microsoft has confirmed they are working on 360 emulation for the Xbone.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
So your saying ps4 is not all that?I have a feeling the xbox1 will be the console to go with for better games..but i am still happy with the 360 hell they a lot of great games coming out this year Wolfensten,Mad Max a whole bunch of stuff.I really do not see a overwhelmingly change in the grafics not where i say omg i have got to have this.But i am sure the new consoles and there grafics will get better as the game makers learn the hardware better.

That's only my opinion. You do make a good point about sticking with current-gen systems. Yes there's good stuff on the next-gen systems but none of it is any quantum-leap from what the PS3 and 360 still can provide.

Plus, I was playing Zen Pinball on the PS4 earlier. After only about an hour-the system was hot to the touch. Bad juju!

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
This would of been welcome news about 12 months ago, now i couldn't really give a damn!.

Too little too late, i know this isnt completely FS fault but that doesn't change anything really, moved on to PC a long time ago!

Gordon

May 28, 2012
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! Best news this year from TPA.

I hope for a special special prize and pro versions.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Is that a joke or real?

I understand this to be a blue sky idea that will hopefully one day happen. I am not sure if there is enough of a power leap in the XBox One to handle emulation of the 360's chipset but that would be a great thing.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
the one major plus point for the 360 version is that it has its own highscore leaderboards separate from other platforms. This is one reason I might pick up some tables when they come out on 360. The other leaderboards have become infested with cheaters.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
the one major plus point for the 360 version is that it has its own highscore leaderboards separate from other platforms. This is one reason I might pick up some tables when they come out on 360. The other leaderboards have become infested with cheaters.

This is a good point. I'm considering picking tables for the 360 but TPA is already an expensive enough hobby for me as it is.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
Then you might be happy to know that Microsoft has confirmed they are working on 360 emulation for the Xbone.

i heard about that...hopefully it'll be a little less selective than 360 backwards emulation (if i want to play tron 2.0 i still have to break out the original xbox)...now if we could just get them to do something about getting rid of kinect...lol...d.m.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
That's great to hear about the 360. My younger siblings have a 360 of their own and all they have for pinball is Williams Pinball Hall of Fame. Once Microsoft approves Farsight's major update, they will have a chance on playing TPA on he 360 instead of a small android tablet (not to mention they can play more pinball machines made by not only Williams, but from Bally, Stern, and Gottlieb).

Feb 19, 2014

I wouldn't get his hopes up.

Software emulation is, well, I won't say impossible but highly highly unlikely. Xbox One (and ps4) just don't have the necessary power for it.

A shrunken down 360 soc is far more likely. However, that will raise Xbox One bom (bill of material) at a time where they really want to be matching ps4 price, so that too is unlikely.

He's best off keeping his 360 around, the most likely scenario is for is an Xbox Now type deal, cloud streaming BC like they're doing on PS4. But that's 30fps with latency, for 60fps games or games with fast input (pinball arcade is both) cloud streaming is a bad idea.

Personally I'd prefer they did something with the hdmi in that allowed you to plug a 360 in and do BC that way.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2014
Accidentally deleted the wrong post!!!!!

What I meant to ask was: does this include all of season 1,2, and 3 up to and including High Speed and Who Dunnit?

Because if so, hot damn! So excited. I will definitely get this.

This is awesome news. Finally! You know, 360 was thier leading platform at one point. Getting that revenue stream back is a huge deal for them as a company, more important IMO than the Xbox One but that's good too. Overall this could mean Farsight will be making a lot more as a company (as they deserve to).

Here's another question: will Xbox 360 and Xbox One sales be on the same leaderboard? I doubt it, but I would hope so simply because I like tracking sales, but do not plan on buying an Xbox One.

Finally, any chance of a 360 disc release? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.