TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
How long have you been waiting to see this logo back on our newsletters? Xbox 360 fans of Pinball Arcade, IT IS HAPPENING! The transfer of publishing rights for the Xbox 360 version of Pinball Arcade has at last been granted to Alliance Digital Media by Microsoft. We have submitted all of the content and 360 users will soon be getting a massive title update containing all of the latest versions of the tables, all of the releases up to date, and all bug fixes. Once the title update is approved by Microsoft, we will be updating you on the release date when you can finally get your hands back on Pinball Arcade on your Xbox 360!

According to this (which came from the PA newsletter), that means xbox360 will get all of the updates, including HS. I've been building up my Xbox credits to prepare for this. Can't wait to play on a bigger screen.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Accidentally deleted the wrong post!!!!!

What I meant to ask was: does this include all of season 1,2, and 3 up to and including High Speed and Who Dunnit?

Because if so, hot damn! So excited. I will definitely get this.

This is awesome news. Finally! You know, 360 was thier leading platform at one point. Getting that revenue stream back is a huge deal for them as a company, more important IMO than the Xbox One but that's good too. Overall this could mean Farsight will be making a lot more as a company (as they deserve to).

Here's another question: will Xbox 360 and Xbox One sales be on the same leaderboard? I doubt it, but I would hope so simply because I like tracking sales, but do not plan on buying an Xbox One.

Finally, any chance of a 360 disc release? Just curious.

All tables up to and including WHO Dunnit on Xbox 360 with next release.

I'm not sure about your other questions at this time.

Feb 19, 2014
All tables up to and including WHO Dunnit on Xbox 360 with next release.

I'm not sure about your other questions at this time.

Would have been cool to slip High Speed into the update but. Man. That is impressive man. Wow. Up to and including Who Dunnit. My my.

That's gunna be a cool day. Later this month right?

It's funny big reason I got ps4 was pinball arcade. Now it's going to be quite a bit behind 360 until at least July. That's actually funny. But I still will keep ps4 for Destiny and the enhanced lighting of ps4 makes that version still the best and worth supporting. I'll just support both :)

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
That's gunna be a cool day. Later this month right?

The 360's submission process was the longest of all platforms when it was active. It usually was about 5 to 6 weeks from submission to available for purchase.

Best to keep your timeframe expectations tempered. In addition to the lengthy submittal process, Microsoft often rejected FarSight's earlier table pack submissions for arguably arbitrary reasons. I'd also think that since 21 months' of DLC is being reviewed at once, it'll probably take Microsoft longer than usual to review.

Feb 19, 2014
I gotcha.

The way 360 marketplace works, top downloads stay at the top. If Arabian Nights is free now, that could mean a near permanent spot in the top 10. Would be amazing for Farsight, really, 360 still has a gargantuan user base, back in the day I believe the dlc did around 5-10,000 units each.

So in other words There's potential here for Farsight to make some real bank on 360. Hopefully that money is put to good use, like polishing up some of the old tables *cough* bk, Gorgar, firepower emulation *cough* or high res assets patch for ps4 ;)

SuperKaladrax

Feb 24, 2014
This news made my day. I was holding out for 360 news for a very long time, and had given up hope. I bought the game for my Android devices just to play the newer tables on something, but it just wasn't the same. And some tables are exceptionally difficult in that format. I love Firepower, but it's downright cruel on a tablet. Playing these tables on my 360 is like a wish come true, especially since I'm not yet sold on the newer consoles.

Thanks, Farsight. I really mean that. You fought a long fight with this, and you never gave up on us. I appreciate that quite a lot.

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Oh, this is great news. I'll definitely be buying the tables up when released. I haven't touched my Xbox since GTA5. I'm either playing real pinball now, or the Ipad version of this because of the bugs and lack of selection on Xbox and the flipper lag on PS3. And pink Centaur table.

Can't wait to have my favorite version caught up.

Will this include the new Challenge modes too?

Gigabomber

Jul 4, 2013
How long of a wait is this gonna be what is the release date

Just cross your fingers and say a hail mary in hopes that they don't fail the first cert. Was following sanctum 2 and they failed certs and it took a total of 2.5 months or so to straighten it out.

Here's hoping for a couple of weeks.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Yeah yeah yeah yeah, can't wait, my sons not so impressed as it means I'll be hogging the xbox, all those tables and I'll eventually get my kickstarters

Jan 6, 2013
Just cross your fingers and say a hail mary in hopes that they don't fail the first cert. Was following sanctum 2 and they failed certs and it took a total of 2.5 months or so to straighten it out.

Here's hoping for a couple of weeks.

I wish they would have said nothing about tables coming until they were out.But i am glad they did in a way because i was going to get the xbone and now i can hold off.But yea here's to a couple of week's......or month's

Feb 19, 2014
Oh, this is great news. I'll definitely be buying the tables up when released. I haven't touched my Xbox since GTA5. I'm either playing real pinball now, or the Ipad version of this because of the bugs and lack of selection on Xbox and the flipper lag on PS3. And pink Centaur table.

Can't wait to have my favorite version caught up.

Will this include the new Challenge modes too?

360 will look like current PC and unfortunately it's pink too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPgIJQyvfZY

Perhaps not as pink as PS3 though and no input lag.

Inlanes and roll overs are supposed to be red on a real machine, Farsight...

Thank God They fired the old colorblind art manager though that used to make all the tables pink, purple, and peach.

Feb 19, 2014
I wish they would have said nothing about tables coming until they were out.But i am glad they did in a way because i was going to get the xbone and now i can hold off.But yea here's to a couple of week's......or month's

I agree. Imagine what an amazing surprise that would be.

Should have saved it for the -next- newsletter since it'd be imminent at that point.

I don't think it will be later than a month but then again this is Farsight were talking about.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I agree. Imagine what an amazing surprise that would be.

Should have saved it for the -next- newsletter since it'd be imminent at that point.

I don't think it will be later than a month but then again this is Farsight were talking about.

Doesn't hurt either. It's been so long it probably doesn't make much difference but I think sharing the news sooner than later was just to get the word out and next month they will hopefully have an update with an imminent timeframe. It SOUNDS as though they are already in the process of submitting and just waiting to hear back with approval of wheter they are good to release or not.

Jan 6, 2013
360 will look like current PC and unfortunately it's pink too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPgIJQyvfZY

Perhaps not as pink as PS3 though and no input lag.

Inlanes and roll overs are supposed to be red on a real machine, Farsight...

Thank God They fired the old colorblind art manager though that used to make all the tables pink, purple, and peach.
Man i hope they look better than that..i think they will i hope anyway

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
Well, I'd be tempted to run with that ball, if FS would cut prior owners a break on seasons 1-3. It's not that I'm a skinflint or anything, but re-buying all my iOS tables for my XBOX 360 equals about three months of transplant meds...

**left hand with meds, right with 360 controller in a weighing motion, murmuring to self...**

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well, I'd be tempted to run with that ball, if FS would cut prior owners a break on seasons 1-3. It's not that I'm a skinflint or anything, but re-buying all my iOS tables for my XBOX 360 equals about three months of transplant meds...

**left hand with meds, right with 360 controller in a weighing motion, murmuring to self...**

There will be hefty discounts coming. Season passes should be immediately available for at least season 1 and 2. By the time it is released, season 3 won't quite be finished so probably have to wait a little while for that.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
From Facebook;
1) I own all the current DLC for the Xbox 360 version. Will we require re-purchasing those again on this new version?
2) I purchased TPA, Season 1 and Season 2 on the PS3. I only did this because of the X360 problem. I don't like it on the PS3 at all, and want it all on the X360. Is there going to be a discount or some sort of deal or something for us who purchased it elsewhere during the wait?
The Pinball Arcade
1. No, you'll still have all the tables you've purchased
2. We are looking into a discount option for everyone

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
The Williams Collection was my FIRST Xbox 360 game. I bought all of The Williams Collection tables on XBLA when it was my platform of choice. But now, with the troubles and it'll still take time to get updates and patches out, I'll stick with Steam. No hard feelings, I gave FarSight $90 for all three seasons, I still use my 360 controllers on the PC but I'm done with the 360 for this game. The experience on PC is simply superior.

Feb 19, 2014
The Williams Collection was my FIRST Xbox 360 game. I bought all of The Williams Collection tables on XBLA when it was my platform of choice. But now, with the troubles and it'll still take time to get updates and patches out, I'll stick with Steam. No hard feelings, I gave FarSight $90 for all three seasons, I still use my 360 controllers on the PC but I'm done with the 360 for this game. The experience on PC is simply superior.

If you have a PC, there's no need to mess with the console versions at all.

You get dlc the day it's released, controller support, it's the definitive version once it gets the ps4 lighting patch.

That said, 360 is also a great platform for the game . The game looks great, soon it'll have nearly all the tables, only missing Junk Yard and High Speed. The graphics look nice on 360, almost matching current PC. There's no input lag. It's a great version.

I'll be playing on both 360 and ps4. I don't mind paying for the game on multiple platforms, I own it all on my iPhone , ps4, and soon 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online