TPA to Return to XBox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
It's so easy to condemn.
Maybe Farsight did submit and now submitting again (for some unknown reason).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's so easy to condemn.
Maybe Farsight did submit and now submitting again (for some unknown reason).

FarSight shouldn't make it so easy then.

Having botched the "allegedly definitive" PS4 release (and still not fix the sound after nearly half a year), and to blatantly lie about not one, but two console releases (WiiU and Xbox 360), FarSight's credibility is gone. FarSight said in the newsletter they have submitted new content to Microsoft. Now just this week, they've said they're in the process of prepping the the 360 version for submission of items that weeks ago were "already submitted".

I'm sticking with the PC version. I already have the first three seasons (up to HS that is). FarSight needs to get whatever's left of its' act together.

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Really have to say I'm disappointed too by this latest outcome, I've been checking daily to see if the update had dropped.
Can we have any news Mike on why the newsletter stated that the update had been submitted to Microsoft and now someone from Pinball Arcade has stated on Facebook that it hasn't yet been submitted.
Part of me kept telling me not to get too excited as what had happened on previous material submitted to Microsoft and their barmy process, but I also thought maybe they wouldn't be so picky on material now they have the new console as their main agenda.
Please tell us your Facebook account was hacked and this huge title update is only days away from dropping

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Really have to say I'm disappointed too by this latest outcome, I've been checking daily to see if the update had dropped.
Can we have any news Mike on why the newsletter stated that the update had been submitted to Microsoft and now someone from Pinball Arcade has stated on Facebook that it hasn't yet been submitted.
Part of me kept telling me not to get too excited as what had happened on previous material submitted to Microsoft and their barmy process, but I also thought maybe they wouldn't be so picky on material now they have the new console as their main agenda.
Please tell us your Facebook account was hacked and this huge title update is only days away from dropping

I would very much like to believe your Facebook hacking hypothesis. Unfortunately, given FarSight's history which includes not addressing obvious bugs on the PS4 version (I mistakenly bought a PS4 thinking it would house the best version...how wrong I was!), and their wafting on the WiiU version, plus two years worth of problems with the 360 version already, this latest news takes even FarSight's ineptitude to a new, and terrible level.

If I am wrong, I will apologize right here for what I've said about FarSight's credibility. I deeply doubt that I am though!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We were planning to submit a few weeks ago. In fact, I have most of our content setup for submission. I told production staff that I thought we would be ready in a week (that was before the newsletter went out). Then we found a few bugs that we can't ship with. So I've been working on getting those cleared up before we can submit our title update.

It has taken weeks just to prepare 20+ table packs for submission. Unfortunately it's not as easy as Steam.

Also because of our title update limit (4MB is the limit, but we got MS to give us an exception for a little larger), we had to make some drastic changes to how the front end assets are downloaded. This is where a good chunk of the bugs are coming from. It was never designed to work the way I had to change it for Xbox 360. And to top it off these bugs are taking way longer to get fixed that I had hoped.

The other major issue is we can't change the resources of the tables we shipped in the past, so I have to make sure our current code still works with those.

I'm sorry for the long wait.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It's good that you've (Farsight) has stuck with the 360 despite the problems.
Thanks Mike for the update.

Last edited:

Carpy

May 7, 2012
Thanks for the update Mike and the reasons behind why the tables haven't been submitted yet

Redrazorback64

Jun 3, 2013
Thanks Mike. It's really nice to get updates straight from you guys, whether good or bad. It's going weeks without hearing anything that's hard.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
All they need to do is go on Facebook and also in the newsletter and just post that, "in our last newsletter we incorrectly stated that the x360 update was submitted. The error was due to a misunderstanding and in the weeks that have passed since our newsletter's publication, our programmers have continued optimizing the game and it should be ready anticipate it will be ready for submission in the coming weeks. We understand how frustrating the multitude of issues have been for all of our fans and we are deeply sorry for this. Thank you for your continued patience and loyalty. We promise the wait is almost over and the new release will be enjoyable for all of you that have stood by!"

That's all they need and it would take card of 90% or more!

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Thanks to Mike for setting the record straight. I apologize for saying the (latest) Xbox 360 situation was blatant lying on FarSight's part.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Also because of our title update limit (4MB is the limit, but we got MS to give us an exception for a little larger), we had to make some drastic changes to how the front end assets are downloaded. This is where a good chunk of the bugs are coming from. It was never designed to work the way I had to change it for Xbox 360. And to top it off these bugs are taking way longer to get fixed that I had hoped.

The other major issue is we can't change the resources of the tables we shipped in the past, so I have to make sure our current code still works with those.

I'm sorry for the long wait.
Either MS lied when it said it would change stupid policies like this for XboxOne, or they did change them, but left the same stupid crappy rules for 360. This means all these tables will be inferior to what they could have been. Stupid policies! I wish FS would just release a portrait mode for PC so I can tell MS to take a hike once and for all.

If it hasn't even been submitted yet, it won't be ready until the end of summer, at best.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Either MS lied when it said it would change stupid policies like this for XboxOne, or they did change them, but left the same stupid crappy rules for 360. This means all these tables will be inferior to what they could have been. Stupid policies! I wish FS would just release a portrait mode for PC so I can tell MS to take a hike once and for all.

If it hasn't even been submitted yet, it won't be ready until the end of summer, at best.

You can play TPA on PC in Portrait mode. When you change your computer settings it should default to 1200 by 1920, just go into the Configuration settings through steam and it will repopulate the new display settings.

utblick

Feb 14, 2013
TPA returning in the next few months...

From Facebook;
I saw something on Gamefaqs recently about Pinball Arcade for the Xbox 360. Do you have any new news about Pinball Arcade's Potenial return to Xbox Live?
The Pinball Arcade It's not potential, it's definitely coming in the next few months, no definitive release date yet but we're working on it every day.

Jan 6, 2013
I think we are on a small boat in the middle of the ocean ..and it will be about 2 month's before we see land and then another week to find the Pinball Arcade on the 360.They still have not Submitted them yet ...BUT they are coming hopefully sooner than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.