So with High Speed out and Diner on the way...

Feb 19, 2014
Not to mention, the already released Black Knight 2000, that's quite a few non-Dmds and that's just season 3. There could be more this season, and next.

So by a rough calculation: 21 doable tables, with at least one more in the near future.

Would you guys buy a 3DS version with just 25 or so tables? I would. That's still a lot.

I think once the PC lighting is in, once Xbox One and PS4 are caught up, and Wii U is done, maybe they'll come back to DS since by then there will be 22 or more tables for 3DS. What do you guys think?

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
The only problem with some of the non-DMD table (specifically the alphanumeric's) is that they have animations that take probably take some time to re-produce with non-emulation, which is what Farsight said they'll include in the 3DS version. So, we might get some of the alphanumeric tables, but I imagine the animations would take a while to code in. So we will definitely be getting 13 tables. 2 Electro-Mechanical tables and 11 numeric tables. There are also 11 alphanumeric tables that they could do for a total of 24 tables. They did have a few alphanumeric tables in both Hall of Fame collections. Who knows if Farsight will still come out with this version. I would still buy it though, since it will be portable, in 3D, and will probably run slightly smoother than my android version.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I like the idea of a 3DS version of the game. Any system with dual screen capabilities(Wii U, PS4 using a Vita for the cotroller, 3DS, cabinet) has a lot of potential for a pinball sim.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Unfortunately, the Nintendo 3DS lacks the power to run FarSight's ROM emulation at an acceptable frame rate and they have no plans to script any of the tables exclusive to The Pinball Arcade (i.e. were never released on their previous Pinball Hall of Fame games).

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think the 3DS version is dead, personally. Too long since we've heard anything.

The alphanumerics wouldn't make an appearance as they still need to be emulated. The only ones we'd see are the ones Farsight have already scripted. I suppose some of the tables that were scripted in PHOF but then emulated for TPA might make an appearance in their scripted form, too.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
In my opinion they need to officially drop 3ds and Vita (always hated that damn name) anyone that has with of those devices has either and Android or iOS device. Wii U as well while your at it, and give a big fat pinkslip to whoever greenlit the allocation of resources to Orbals and maybe, just maybe we can get this sonofa***** on he track it should be on

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
In my opinion they need to officially drop 3ds and Vita (always hated that damn name) anyone that has with of those devices has either and Android or iOS device. Wii U as well while your at it, and give a big fat pinkslip to whoever greenlit the allocation of resources to Orbals and maybe, just maybe we can get this sonofa***** on he track it should be on

Lots of people, myself included, just prefer a dedicated gaming system. My 3DS has seen years of use, whereas I've only dabbled in gaming on my adroid devices.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I love TPA on my Vita and hope they support it forever!

That being said, I would understand if they decided to drop support for it.

Don't though, OK Farsight?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.