Request Starship Troopers!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Remember in Season 1 when FarSight gave us Harley-Davidson ("the license no one asked for!") for no reason at all?

Well let's do something similar. I found a SEGA machine based off of the movie Starship Troopers on YouTube and it looks like a great game to have in the collection. Reasonably deep ruleset, awesome toys (under-the-playfield Brain Bug, LED displays), and a nice representation of the theme. Along with four multi ball modes, this could be a classic.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If it's a license that is attainable without a kickstarter, I'd be on board. I like the design of the pin and I also liked the movie. One of those guilty pleasure movies for me.

N

netizen

It's a similar playfield layout as some of the existing titles.

The only "problem" I could forsee would be one of UI mechanics for play. There are, IIRC, 2 sets of buttons for the flippers to function independently; big and little flippers. Depending in the set of flippers you make certain shots with they score different values. A touch screen interface would need a custom touch zones for Starship Troopers or some other means of having discrete, separated controls.

Yes, if you use a controller they can be mapped to use both triggers and bumpers, but that doesn't solve for the native interface on mobile. Not dismissing the game suggestion merely tossing in some thoughts on what might delay its conversion as FS likes to makes sure its product is available equally across all platforms.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Definitely a fun table and great game. Also a big fan of the movie. Had the chance to play the rt last week. Would love to see it in tpa. I even got 2 sets of buttons ready on my cab.

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
I played this at Pinburgh and while it is enjoyable, I'd rather have other games such as TSPP if we're going to need a Kickstarter campaign.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
SST is definitely one of the better Segas, but there's a lot of other games I'd want to see before it. Not sure how they would handle the mini flipper on the right side either.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I've never played it, but it looks like a solid addition. Cool to get a Sega table, and the movie was a blast. I look forward to shoot some bugs :cool:

Apr 8, 2012
This is honestly one of my favorite tables ever. We have one at my pinball league and I put way more time into it than the rest of the games (most of the newer Sterns and some classic Bally/Williams era machines). The sound package is great and there are a lot of cool unique ideas in it (the mini-flipper, "Warrior" target, the LED bug counters in the middle of the playfield). Out of all the possible tables for inclusion in Pinball Arcade, this is at the top of my list (now that Addams is confirmed). That being said, where did the information that this is "semi-confirmed" come from? It would make my day to find out it was coming to TPA.

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
yH3gQaD.png

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
It was my understanding to keep those files a secret, but hey, what's good for the gander.

I just assumed that was photoshopped as a joke. I suppose it it a nice surprise to see a SEGA table. Wonder if they'll remove all mention of SEGA from the game.

Just posting this before the mods lock this place down like it's a drug den.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.