High Speed Tips & Strats

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So what skills do we need to achieve to master High Speed?

My strategy is to spam the lit spinners (typically gives you 20000 per shot) and collect as many Jackpots as possible. What's yours?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
shoot the kickout hole, shoot the ramp, shoot the kickout hole, shoot the ramp..........pretty safe way to go. And pretty much all one needs to do. And looping the highways when they are lit. Bumpers are useless apart from changing 1-6 and shooting at that is dangerous and IMO, not worth the trouble. Trafic lights.... all can be done on ramp or kickout hole and that's easier.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
shoot the kickout hole, shoot the ramp, shoot the kickout hole, shoot the ramp..........pretty safe way to go. And pretty much all one needs to do. And looping the highways when they are lit. Bumpers are useless apart from changing 1-6 and shooting at that is dangerous and IMO, not worth the trouble. Trafic lights.... all can be done on ramp or kickout hole and that's easier.

Three and Four are not too bad but the other four are suicide shots down the outlanes. I would go for them if you have the chance (especially number three if you have the kicker in the left outlane active.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
3 is OK, but 4 or 5 sometimes bounce ball to the ramp. Very annoying before completing wizard goal. Happens usually when I have 200 or 225 K.
And one other thing. As far as I can see, #5 is lit on each new game and there's a good chance to hit it if you let the ball pass upper fliper, then lift right lover one and when the ball touches tip of the slingshot nudge up.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I haven't noticed how it's configured in TPA, but the kickout hole should only award lights on the first multiball run. From the second run it should be only by hitting the targets and the upper ramp shot.

I have a feeling that even the upper ramp shot should award a traffic light hit up to the second red-light run, but that may just be a difficulty setting I've seen in the game's settings.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
ok i have a few tips to add:

balls coming from the two hideouts or whatever they're called on upper left and right can both be caught safely 100% of the time on a held up flipper.
you can backhand the kickout hole with the right flipper, or it's just past halfway on the left flipper.
if the left outlane kickback is lit but you drain from right or centre, a hard nudge can often get the ball over there and back up on the left.
what determines whether a ramp ball goes down the left or right wireform, is it just the speed? or is there a diverter or some timing involved?

and also a few questions:

how come when the red light is lit at the lamp, sometimes you can one-time it up there, and other times it goes right around and you have to shoot it twice?
how many times can the extra balls be earned - the freeway one? the hit-all-lights-in-multiball one? obviously not the 1.4M one, but are there any others?
is the general consensus that the 1-6 lights are worth it at any point, if the kickback is already lit? that's the only time i bother really.
is there a recommended way to build up the jackpot, or do you all just go for it straight away for an easy 250-300K?
when the freeway is lit but you hit it from the back, does that still count the same?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
ok i have a few tips to add:

what determines whether a ramp ball goes down the left or right wireform, is it just the speed? or is there a diverter or some timing involved?
There are diverters involved, but one slow enough can fall down anyway where the game doesn't plan it to. Normally it alternates between left and right.
and also a few questions:

how come when the red light is lit at the lamp, sometimes you can one-time it up there, and other times it goes right around and you have to shoot it twice?
The plunge doesn't count for purposes of getting away, but it WILL run the light. A ball that goes at the right speed can go into the right hideout and register twice though, and that's how you can do it in one.
how many times can the extra balls be earned - the freeway one? the hit-all-lights-in-multiball one? obviously not the 1.4M one, but are there any others?

No limit to either that i've found. But i suspect you can't stack more then 4. Special is NOT an extra ball on this table for some odd reason even though it can only be collected once. But you CAN get the 1.4 million eb multiple times, because when you roll the table, and reach the replay again you get another EB. The ROM DOES remember you rolled it though, and scores your score as 9,999,999

is the general consensus that the 1-6 lights are worth it at any point, if the kickback is already lit? that's the only time i bother really.
They are risky to shoot for. I only do it for the wizard goal. Better just to do kicker to ramp or orbit to ramp or just shoot freeways.
is there a recommended way to build up the jackpot, or do you all just go for it straight away for an easy 250-300K?
Building it up is only worthwhile if you drain before collecting it over a series of games to max it.
when the freeway is lit but you hit it from the back, does that still count the same?

Yes, it counts, but collecting it from one unlights the other.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
PS: Loop passes usually work well for racking up freeways. but watch out for the occasional weird deflection. thne you will have to try something else.

An alley pass into a lit inlane can light the kickback.

Oh, and rolling the table earns an extra ball each time too. Yet another game you can go infinite on. :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.