How do I get the right orbit?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I apologise if this has been covered before, I had a look through the topics but couldn't find any.

I know this is going back a while, but I recently went back to this table as I haven't really given it any love since TPA launched, and I was a lot worse at pinball. The only thing stopping me from getting the wizard mode now is Midnight Madness. But I can't for the life of me hit the right orbit. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to hit from a cradled ball. I can only very occasionally (and usually accidentally) get it from a redirection. Am I wrong?

It seems so strange that hitting a seemingly regular shot is giving me so much grief. Am I missing something? On PS3, by the way. Thanks.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It is a tough shot, easier if the ball is fed through the left inlane but it's a makable shot from a cradle, but extremely difficutl.

Apr 8, 2012
I was never able to make that shot from a trap, same goes for the cow ramp on AFM (I play on PS3). Other people have told me it's possible, but I just can't do it. It sucks having to do it on the fly only when the opportunity arises. It makes getting all the wizard goals a b*tch. I believe that shot advances the clock? Get used to selecting that option on the plunge if you're trying to finish up the goals.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Nudge the table while the ball is trapped, and shoot before it settles all the way back to a full catch. That shakes up the physics enough to make the shot possible. You don't have to do it on the fly.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Nudge the table while the ball is trapped, and shoot before it settles all the way back to a full catch. That shakes up the physics enough to make the shot possible. You don't have to do it on the fly.

Will try that. Coming from you I'm assuming it will work well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.