Finally - all wizard goals

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
This is just crazy. I love High Speed, it's the table I was waiting for more like any other. I have bought the season 3 pack for Android and PC and the first thing I did was playing it on PC. First game, all standard goals done. Easy. Second game; 3 of the wizard goals done as well. Only the 250k ramp bonus and getting the Special. Next game I had the Special as well and only the ramp bonus missing. In the end I had the achievement for Wizard goals about an hour later. Great, that was easy. Since this is my favourite table, I had to do the same thing on my Android tablet - wouldn't be that difficult... I thought...

It started the same way as on the PC version. Everything done quite quickly, just with the ramp bonus 250k missing in the end, which is probably the most difficult achievement for this table. Knowing this and the lack of precision on the tablet I knew it might take a bit longer for me to get the final wizard goal. But I was not prepared for this, no no no.... I don't know how many attempts I made, I played several hours on the weekend of release, not getting this bloody achievement. I started thinking: Why on earth are you even doing this? It's just an achievement. But I knew I would never get it out of random, by just playing the table. Every time you hit the ramp the bonus gets reset to 50k. So I tried again and again and again and again... I wanted to give up on this, just because I didn't want to start hating the table. Several times I managed to get to 250k just to see the ball drain on the right outlane seconds later.

Anyway, today, finally I made it. Sometimes I'm glad I don't see the stats for everything I do in TPA ;-) It would probably be a pain knowing how much time I wasted on that. I'm not that much of an achievement hunter. Sometimes I like it, but I'm not even trying to get each and every wizard goal. But this one... oh my...

How about you? Have you encountered the same on different platforms? Was it easy for you to get all wizard goals on a mobile device for this table?

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
This one, 250k ramp is still on my to do list.
I play almost only on tablet without controler. Sometimes I play on PC and I'm always amazed how much easier it is. And since I don't play much I can't say exactly why is it so. Maybe physics, maybe the fact that I can nudge easier with keyboard, maybe because I can play with camera 4..... I don't know.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Just have the 250k ramp shot for Android left.

I played about an hours worth just aiming for this goal couple of days ago, having to deliberately not shoot the ramp. I think I got it to 250 about 8 times, but fluffed or drained each time before shooting the ramp.
I didn't enjoy playing it like this in the end and figured I was going to spoil myself enjoying this table, so decided to let this goal slide. I have plenty others missing anyway.

I'm having more fun with HS now playing for score.
Still chuck in the odd single game for this goal, but limit myself to one try per session.
Less likely to end in a broken tablet this way.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Less likely to end in a broken tablet this way.

Haha, you can probably imagine how often I had to remind myself how expensive these things are when I failed again.

Most terrible: Trying to hit one of the targets on the right side, but then the ball bounces up to the ramp resetting the progress. I don't know how often that happened to me...

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah those unrealistic rebounds up the ramp are what make the goal difficult...

also sometimes you will get ramp credit even when it doesn't make it all the way up, if it gets close enough to the break point. that's even more annoying.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I have a few similar '1 last goal' tables I've yet to get on mobile, which I go back to occasionally on goal mop up duty.

MM - 'Battle for the Kingdom' on Android (I've done it several times on XBox360, but mobile difficulty is harder than console or PC for any table, and I prefer harder and shorter games personally).

STTNG - 'Warp 9.9' on 'droid (did it easy on PC KS Reward table)

BK - 'Skyway bonus'

Ripleys - 'Frog Frenzy' (I've managed Atlantis a couple of times so can't be that cr@p) (just done it first try on XBox360, can't do it on mobile).

Whirlwind - 'Skyway paid for'

F2k - '150k point bonus' (can get to 14 x bonus many times, but 15 - nah)

Genie - '3 Mill' (I'll never, ever, get this one)

Big Shot - '250k' (gotten 200+ many times, 242 was closest)

MB - 'layman's lament'

Taxi - '500k point skill shot'

Central Park - '1k on one ball' (can't be @rsed - this is just bagatelle to me personally).

There are probably others (I can't play goin nuts or HD3rd ed) but these are the ones that spring to mind.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
I have a few similar '1 last goal' tables I've yet to get on mobile, which I go back to occasionally on goal mop up duty.
Whirlwind - 'Skyway paid for'
I did this first game after unlockingn the wizard goals. just hit the side ramp a LOT. about 25 to 30 or so will do it, besides all the other action. VERY doable.
MB - 'layman's lament'
THis one is a ***** on mobile because it's hard to control the scoop kickout. it's easy on pc and console.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Same problem! I have the Android version and it took me a while to get that 250K ramp shot one.

The biggest problem is that it's so easy to make a ramp shot on the Android version, that I accidentally make one and the bonus resets. Ugh!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Lyman's Lament is easy on all platforms if you're able to use a controller for it. Just use the L/R button cheat code :) That would include using a bluetooth controller for iOS and probably Android as well, because I did it on my iPad with an iCade.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
Didn't think the LL goal ticked off using the flipper code?

Activated it twice shooting the scoop with touchscreen. Once by just going for the scoop and 2nd time by playing a long game.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Using the flipper code does NOT get you the wizard goal. you have to do it legit. And while you can retrap off the scoop kickout easily on PC and console, on IOS and android you can't.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Using the flipper code does NOT get you the wizard goal. you have to do it legit. And while you can retrap off the scoop kickout easily on PC and console, on IOS and android you can't.

Well, maybe they updated the Android version in the meantime, but you can retrap the ball on Android just as easy as on PC: Just press both flippers when the ball comes out of the scoop and it will move over to the right flipper.

If it just was as easy to make precise shots on the touchscreen.... :(

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Well, maybe they updated the Android version in the meantime, but you can retrap the ball on Android just as easy as on PC: Just press both flippers when the ball comes out of the scoop and it will move over to the right flipper.
If it just was as easy to make precise shots on the touchscreen.... :(

I play TPA on Android, on which I've got the full set and all pro packs.
But... I also have PC version installed, although I only own 2 tables (TZ & STTNG from KS rewards, but can play all on trial), and I have the full set (limited though it is for now on XBox360).

No contest, Android (and probably ios) has an increased difficulty over either PC or Console, even using a BT controller, and I prefer it that way personally .
I'd sooner play a harder game that lasts 10 minutes than one that goes past an hour on the console or laptop.

I dusted off TPA on my 360 after nearly a year the other week due learning it's going to return. First game on MM after not having played the table for a while, I got BFTK. (trippled my best Android score in the end).
Monster Bash was a similar final score.
Fun house I can almost play indefinitely on there.

I'm not a good player by any means and never will be, but I have a lot more respect for any of the top players who are doing it on mobile as opposed to PC or Console.

Got the 250k ramp goal today BTW - turns out the shoulder buttons on my Dualshock were worn causing occasional lag. Switched to my Moga & adopted the new tactic of only shooting the 1-6 standups on a rolling shot (more energy in the ball = less chance of outlane drain) and after 2 close ones, it happened on the 3rd good ball.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012

I do not own Android or PC, but "flipper" code on iOS got me the goal.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I do not own Android or PC, but "flipper" code on iOS got me the goal.

Tested it on Android... Hit both flippers (ball launches but nothing you can do about that), left flip x 11, right flip, left x 5, right, left x 6, right. You hear "Totally", then next shot to the scoop activated the mode but no goal was given.
I think I read somewhere that Android goals award from sound cues given by the game.

Found a thread where ios users were posting it had worked for them though here... http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/919-Lyman-s-Lament?p=10919&viewfull=1#post10919

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I got this goal on PS3 pretty easy, maybe after around 30 minutes of trying. But I know tables are tuned differently on different consoles, so it could be that.

One thing that might help is to go for it after a multiball (where you deliberately don't shoot the ramp after collecting jackpot - but keep that as insurance in case a stray ball goes up there). When you go down to two balls, cradle one on each flipper and it's pretty easy to hit the targets and return the ball to the cradle. After one ball drains, you should have a head start for getting the rest of the targets with your remaining ball.

As it happens I just got the goal the straight-forward way, but I did notice this helped a bit.

One of those wizard goals that is really difficult and risky to get, but a completely unfeasible scoring strategy!

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
I disagree with including goals that have zero chance of occurring naturally in the game. The 250K HS ramp bonus is one of them. Your only chance of getting it is to play specifically for it and not anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.