Superballs PinVlog - Big Shot Commentary and Strategy

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Hello Everyone,

After some positive feedback on my last video, I've made one for Big Shot
Please remember, Windows Display settings should be set to landscape but your monitor should be set to portrait. I have no other ideas on how to shoot in portrait for the best pinball view while keeping the video full screen.

I feel some aspects have improved:

Commentary was recorded as I play and not after the matter
I added a placeholder intro sequence (still working on the actual one and it's pretty lame but it's there)

And there are some aspects I still feel i need to improve:

I'm looking at further evolving the format to be a bit more informative and comprehensive when it comes to strategy, especially for more complex tables.
I still feel like a tool talking to a camera
End credits
Wish I had a capture card for better video quality but that would also take away my ability to point at the screen for you.

Anyway, I hope you like it

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Hey that was a super video, Superballs! :cool:

Keep your present setup, I like the way you can point things out, the video quality is just fine, bro.

This happens to be one of my favorite tables, too. Old school all the way.

Timelord ...

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks man,
I don't want to fix what isn't broken so I will keep the setup, I do like that aspect...if only i could record in 1080p 60fps for that extra clarity but I find that 1080p gives me some wicked moire effect as well.

I'm pretty excited for the next video as it's also one of my favorites but a lot more complex. I plan on having something more along the lines of sections, one for the strategy portion that i can hack up in editing to focus on areas of the table, one for my review/opinion and one where I "put it all together" and hopefully put up a decent game with miscellaneous commentary.

I'm having a lot of fun putting these together, but I still hate video editing on my current machine.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
I have no problem with the format your using to make these vids. im glad your having fun with these vids, cuz im having fun watching em. keep em coming.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Good all the way around Super. Looks and sounds good.
Can't believe how much nudging you can get away with on that version. Kept waiting for the tilt and it never happened. Even that double nudge didn't tilt!
Dang, you got that special shot down.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Nice job, man. And thanks for the shout out!

Yeah Kolchak, the nudging is kinda ridiculous on PC/consoles.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Yes as long as you don't nudge hard twice in succession you are pretty good. They need to either tone down the nudge effectiveness a whole lot or make the bob more sensitive. At the same time nudging off of surfaces seems to be about right most of the time but you can still get a pretty big bounce out of a strong whack at the table.

All in all it really is no worse than vp but things are changing in that neck of the woods.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.