Royal Madness Extra Balls Question

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I could have sworn that my last run on Medieval Madness, in PS4 prior to the recent patch, allowed infinite extra balls off of Royal Madness.

Tonight that didn't happen.

Now the wierd thing is. It first gave me the extra ball, then started awarding 15 million.

However - this is the strange part - a few drains later I got awarded an extra ball again !

I think - it's hard to say, because it was a 3 hour game so my memory could be a little fuzzy-

The only thing I did differently this run from last run is:

I actually won the video mode, and claimed an extra ball of that.

I completed the Hurry-up extra ball. Both times, once at 10 and once at 40 (though the 40 came much later).

So. Any ideas guys? Was Madness changed via ps4 patch, or am I missing something here?

Btw 3.18 billion points good enough for 17th. PHEW, what a game! :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
There's a limit of 4 extra balls stacked at one time. While you have 4 EBs in reserve, no more will light by any means. As long as you have less than 4 EBs in stock, EBs from both Royal Madness and Castle Multiball are always available.

The 4 EB limit is standard on every Wiliams pin from at least Funhouse forward and probably some older ones too.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, hold off on Royal Madness if you've got 4 stacked up. Unless you got multipliers held somehow. then just drain before starting it to cash in some bonus. :)

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
I just made a long run and had the same probleme, and as i already noticed this thread, i double checked everything:
-I already had the royal madness EB 2, maybe 3 times, and after that 15M.
-I had only 1 EB stacked when this happen
-I had won video game EB just a little bit before it, 1st time i did it ever
-I had only got the 10 hurry up EB
-1st time i had this 15M was at the end of a very long 1st ball, so i really focused on tryin it again on my second ball (again with 0 or 1 EB stacked) to see if there was a maximum on one ball, but i had the 15M again.

Lookin at it, i share the same mind than the OP, i think the video game EB did it... I play on PS3 by the way.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Max per ball in play means that once you hit it you can't get any more extra balls at all until the ball number goes up.

So you can get 4 extra balls on ball one. but then you can't get any more until you lose them all and reach ball 2.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Max per ball in play means that once you hit it you can't get any more extra balls at all until the ball number goes up.

So you can get 4 extra balls on ball one. but then you can't get any more until you lose them all and reach ball 2.

Either i really dont get u, either i'm not clear (both are possible with my shty english :p ) : i was thinking the same way than u on my first ball, thats why after i had those 15M on my 1st ball, i didnt go for royal madness until i lose all my 1st ball EBs and the the first ball itself, so when i started my official 2nd ball, i went again to the royal madness, i won it, and i had again those pityfull 15M.

Do we have a match? ;)

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Either i really dont get u, either i'm not clear (both are possible with my shty english :p ) : i was thinking the same way than u on my first ball, thats why after i had those 15M on my 1st ball, i didnt go for royal madness until i lose all my 1st ball EBs and the the first ball itself, so when i started my official 2nd ball, i went again to the royal madness, i won it, and i had again those pityfull 15M.

Do we have a match? ;)

What he is saying is that when the DMD says you are on ball 1 you can have up to four extra balls until the DMD says you are on ball 2.
For example, you are on ball 1 and you get an extra ball. When you drain, the machine gives the "Shoot Again" fanfare and reloads your ball, and you are still on ball one. If you drain again without getting an extra ball, it will move to ball 2.

If there is a max extra balls for ball in play, you can get say 4 extra balls on ball 1. Even if you drain, you can't get an extra ball until you run out of extra balls and move on to ball 2, then you can stack up extra balls again, but only 4 until you move on to ball 3.

After re-reading your post, it looks like you did understand him fine, however.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
there is an operator adjustment that can cap the number of extra balls from Royal Madness. that might be what happened.
Adjustment A:2.16

It ranges from 0 to 10, or unlimited. It's factory set at 4. so after you collect 4 extra balls from royal madness, you can't get any more ever.

But if you got 15 million instead, because you had too many stacked that doesn't count, and you can get one later.

Mystery solved.

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
there is an operator adjustment that can cap the number of extra balls from Royal Madness. that might be what happened.
Adjustment A:2.16

It ranges from 0 to 10, or unlimited. It's factory set at 4. so after you collect 4 extra balls from royal madness, you can't get any more ever.

But if you got 15 million instead, because you had too many stacked that doesn't count, and you can get one later.

Mystery solved.

OK good to know. But what i sont understand is that many people were explaining thier really huges scores by the "royal madness forever" methode, in opposition with Erik's one "Castle multiball forever"... could have there differents settings on PC/PS3-4/etc...?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Well, there are a lot of extra balls available by other means. one from castles, two from hurryups, one from score, one from multiball. and sometimes from merlin or from video mode.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Good catch, that must be the right answer. I never played as far as four Royal Madnesses in one game to see that limit, since Castle Multiball is so much more lucrative. The EB from Castle Multiball is repeatable too, not limited to one.

The EB from each is about equally easy, but Castle Multiball is both more lucrative (super jackpots 5M instead of 1.25M) and easier to start (6 shots instead of 14), so completely beats Multiball and Royal Madness in my book.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.