Junkyard Impressions

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
When I first played JY, Spike's collar said "XAQ". After inputting my initials for "Junk Champion", my inits ended up on his collar for the immediate games played after. After quitting and restarting the app, his collar now says TPA, and hasn't changed since. This is on the PC version. It's only ever said TPA on my iPad.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Thanks for answering the questions guys.

The table references two Bally games, despite being a Williams. Oops, guess they forgot they were "two seperate companies" roose or, they just stopped caring.

One question that nobody answered yet : TPA on Spikes Collar. That was Farsights doing, right? And can that be changed in the operators menu?

At that point it didn't matter too much. Creature and Monster Bash, despite sharing the same license, are put out by different brands under the WMS umbrella. More importantly the designers, artists, programmers, etc all moved back and forth between the two branches of WMS.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
When I first played JY, Spike's collar said "XAQ".
The dog has the current junk champion on the collar.

So yesterday I defeated Bob and I had only 17 fireworks in that game. The score was low, though (no fireworks bonus). In that same game I had the Midnight Madness which is similar to the Outer Space mode. Guess at what time I played!:D

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
The collar resets back to "TPA"? That's a real shame, because I found it pretty funny when I became the Junk Champion and found the initials on the collar when I came back about a month later. I guess the real Junk Yard probably resets the collar's initials when it shuts down too.

Wizened

Jun 10, 2012
When I first played JY, Spike's collar said "XAQ". After inputting my initials for "Junk Champion", my inits ended up on his collar for the immediate games played after. After quitting and restarting the app, his collar now says TPA, and hasn't changed since. This is on the PC version. It's only ever said TPA on my iPad.

I saw my initials on the collar, iPad Air. Reset the next day.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
If you play in pro mode it should save the junk champion and with it the collar initials.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I played this a bit more so some impressions: Scoring balancing on the game is pretty terrible. Modes are pretty fun with the callbacks to older tables. Playfield design is lacking somewhat; can't really get any kind of real flow. Artwork is okay if nothing absolutely amazing. Overall: A fairly good table for casual playing and just doing modes and multiballs and whatnot. Not really suited for tournament play at all (maybe for timed tournaments).

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
After previously checking out the table art, as well as videos for the table, I truly had no interest. I really hated the art, it was just annoying to me.

However, when we finally got the table, I couldn't have had more fun. Yeah, the game is a tad bit too easy, but it's such a blast. At first, the artwork was just a big mess, but that quickly went away when I raised the camera view. (Thankfully!) I was just really impressed with how they did everything, esp the wrecking ball. In fact, I think I enjoy this table more than "Who Dunnit?", simply because the ramps aren't a never ending nightmare! lol

As for the silly theme, I don't mind it. I mean, is the theme any more silly than a talking female robot in "Bride of Pin*Bot" or a gumball machine in "TZ"?

The Boss battle also reminds me of the "Genie" Battle in TOTAN....just a lot of fun. I was glad to be so wrong about this table.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm having a lot of fun with this table! More than Whodunnit.

My only complaint is it's hard to see the ball in the return lanes with the lower viewing angles in landscape on the Vita.

The Night Flier

Jun 10, 2014
Has this been confirmed?Would this also apply to Whodunnit?Any other tables with this feature?

For those wondering.I upgraded to Pro Mode on Whodunnit and due to that it now saves the initials for The Roof Champion which are displayed whenever the slots start.I strongly assume the same principle applies to Junk Yard.A cool feature imo and aside from the uncensored Scared Stiff the only genuine reason i have had to go Pro Mode.

Any other tables that feature something extraordinary that makes Pro Mode more worthwhile?

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
A little bit of thread necromancy ...

I had purchased season 3 on PS3 last week.
Decided yesterday to check out Junk Yard a little bit better and immediately got a score of 625 million. I think currently that's the 16th place in the overall leaderboard? Either I was incredibly lucky or I am just a natural talent at this table :)

I didn't know much about the ruleset, I was very surprised by the midnight madness :)
Fun table, but if I get a very high score from my first tries, I usually end up not playing the table much. I had that same thing with White Water (although my score for that one has dropped significantly in the ranks now).

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
A little bit of thread necromancy ...

I had purchased season 3 on PS3 last week.
Decided yesterday to check out Junk Yard a little bit better and immediately got a score of 625 million. I think currently that's the 16th place in the overall leaderboard? Either I was incredibly lucky or I am just a natural talent at this table :)

I didn't know much about the ruleset, I was very surprised by the midnight madness :)
Fun table, but if I get a very high score from my first tries, I usually end up not playing the table much. I had that same thing with White Water (although my score for that one has dropped significantly in the ranks now).

Just stumbled across Midnight Madness. What a surprise! Funny thing, I was getting sleep then too while playing. The mode definitely woke me!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.