JunkYard, Major Bug, Mac Pro Maverick OS

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
I was playing JunkYard, on a MacPro running Maverick OS. I scored 15 million put my initials in as Grand Champion, and then the initial enter screen came up again with the game loading ball 1. I couldn't remove initial enter screen hitting escape or even the icon in the upper rite corner or hitting any keys did nothing!!!
I had to shut the Mac down completely and reboot to clear the system...
This is a showstopper..
Thanks.

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
F11 = Show Desktop
or
Command + TAB = Switch Application
followed by Force Quit TPA in Apple menu or ctrl/option + click TPA in dock.

More convenient to shutting down and then rebooting. :)
It's just a small app bug, not BSOD

I have a MacBook Pro with Mavericks and haven't encountered this... but I've only played Junk Yard for a few minutes (NFL Draft)

Last edited:

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
F11 = Show Desktop
or

I have a MacBook Pro with Mavericks and haven't encountered this... but I've only played Junk Yard for a few minutes (NFL Draft)

Nope..
F11 did nada...
Total system freeze.

Just my $0.05.. ����

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
F11 = Show Desktop
or

A little OT, but didn't you like the Draft better when it was just on Saturday and Sunday?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I was playing JunkYard, on a MacPro running Maverick OS. I scored 15 million put my initials in as Grand Champion, and then the initial enter screen came up again with the game loading ball 1. I couldn't remove initial enter screen hitting escape or even the icon in the upper rite corner or hitting any keys did nothing!!!
I had to shut the Mac down completely and reboot to clear the system...
This is a showstopper..
Thanks.

Hey Sinitro,

The bug you encountered I believe is a emulation bug. If you hit select at the right time after entering initials, the game will assume you selected the start button on the table. If you continue to hit select, the game will add more players. Also the UI will stay on screen during the rounds until the game is over. We have implemented a skip button feature on several platforms as a work around for this bug. I'll be sure to bug this and have a programmer look into adding the feature. The best way to not run into the bug would be to enter your initials and not hit select again until Final Score screen pops up again.

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
It happened to me last week when I was in Outer Space and it froze so Bob got away I had 27 fireworks I was cussing mad my final score was 92 Million. I will not play this table any longer until they fix the damn table. (iPad 3)

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
As I reported the freeze bug over 3 weeks back but still no fix... :confused:
I can understand that Far Sight may wait to fix minor bugs, but when the entire computer freezes and there is no workaround this is a showstopper...

Just my $0.05... :cool:

Sinitro

Jul 26, 2012
Hey Sinitro,

The bug you encountered I believe is a emulation bug. If you hit select at the right time after entering initials, the game will assume you selected the start button on the table. If you continue to hit select, the game will add more players. Also the UI will stay on screen during the rounds until the game is over. We have implemented a skip button feature on several platforms as a work around for this bug. I'll be sure to bug this and have a programmer look into adding the feature. The best way to not run into the bug would be to enter your initials and not hit select again until Final Score screen pops up again.

Thanks for the response..
Can U confirm when the rev adding the SKIP feature will be available for JunkYard..
If U have seen this bug on other platforms, why not add the SKIP feature as a standard option on all platforms..
At least this would provide a workaround until the proper FIX is implemented and validated..
As now designed the only FIX is to shutdown the system and reboot..

Just my $0.05... :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.