Request slider for different shades of orange/red DMD

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
It would be nice is Farsight would include a slider or a button to change the shade of orange on the DMD games from bright orange to red, because most Gottliebs and some Sterns have red DMDs on them and it would be neat to play them how they originally looked on the real table.

N

netizen

Can you name a single Gottlieb or Stern presently in TPA that was released with a red DMD?

N

netizen

my point was that there hasn't been a single game released, so far, that was NIB with a red DMD. Recall that BH has a blue display, and HH has a green one, which would imply that if a machine were released NIB with a red DMD TPA would have emulated a red display.

Which, oddly enough, is one of the things that was discussed about the release of BSD. The red DMD in BSD was created by a gel that was slid over the DMD. So there was a discussion about how it would appear in TPA. And we're all still in limbo wondering the results of our speculation.

If TPA did add anything to allow DMD alterations, the ability to move or resize it would be a better first option. Which will be followed by cries of ignoring the cabinet owners and then drama will ensue. This forum will live on!!

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Can you name a single Gottlieb or Stern presently in TPA that was released with a red DMD?

I'm not big on Gottliebs, but every Stern released from AC/DC and onwards have a red DMD except Europe, where it started with Pirates of the Caribbean. These are too recent for The Pinball Arcade though.

It may be possible the original poster is referring to LED-modded machines, whose lights would typically be red as red is the cheapest LED color.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
my point was that there hasn't been a single game released, so far, that was NIB with a red DMD. Recall that BH has a blue display, and HH has a green one, which would imply that if a machine were released NIB with a red DMD TPA would have emulated a red display.

Which, oddly enough, is one of the things that was discussed about the release of BSD. The red DMD in BSD was created by a gel that was slid over the DMD. So there was a discussion about how it would appear in TPA. And we're all still in limbo wondering the results of our speculation.

If TPA did add anything to allow DMD alterations, the ability to move or resize it would be a better first option. Which will be followed by cries of ignoring the cabinet owners and then drama will ensue. This forum will live on!!

I'm not sure why the big discussion about BSD. They would just make it appear as the color with the gel over it. The object is to try to match colors as best as they can to real life, right?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This boils down to the fact that Farsight aren't allowed to change the machine from the way it came out the factory. They need to adhere even to tiny things like the colour of the DMD,

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts