Multiball stuck in plunger-cam

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
When you start with multi-ball, the view switches to plunger cam and stays there until you're back to one ball.

PitchBlank

May 10, 2014
Yeah, this happens on several tables (Seen it on TZ, T2, HD, MM and more) and has destroyed many good games for me. I found this thread b/c I just had it happen in TZ this morning and googled the issue. It's similar to a thing that sometimes happens on Dr Dude, when it gets stuck in a closeup of the mixer in 2-ball mode. Just now I got the plunger cam bug with Whodunnit during multiball... two balls got stuck while I was playing the third one and when I tried 'Call Attendant' it fired off both balls but at the same time refused to leave plunger-cam.

AFAIK this pesky cam-bug has been there ever since I first started playing PBA on iPad long ago. I've stopped holding my breath for this to be fixed, since it's so critical (I'd rate it a showstopper) and affects many tables yet remains in version after version like it was some minor cosmetic issue.

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
lol I am having this problem too. I'm not sure if there was a slight tweak to the table in the last update. In my latest try, instead of the view being stuck in plunger cam for the entirety of multiball, the camera zoomed back as it should after a few seconds and all seemed good. Unfortunately, moments later the flippers seized until all drained. On to the next ball, and it decides to launch 3 at once for me:p The table is too buggy to play right now, along with Ripleys (pc version at least) Hope we get a fix soon.

magicmisery

Apr 24, 2014
Haha..Thanks, and i do. I like to listen and play ( not recently) alot of classical stuff. Especially solo piano/organ pieces From him and Bach. xD

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Played it just now on Steam and this is really annoying. Didn't know that TZ so seriously affected by this cam bug. It happens almost every game. Unlike on other tables I can change the camera back (with C), most of the times.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
This table is nearly unplayable it bugs out so often for me. Nearly every multiball results in the camera angle getting stuck on the launch version. Then, if you're lucky you're able to change to an alternate launch viewing angle so that at least you can play as if you were 9 feet tall and standing off to the side.

But God help you if you want to play past the first Lost in the Zone. I defy anyone to finish Lost in the Zone and have all the balls return normally with a single ball then going to the plunger. No way. I end up with three balls on the plunger no matter what, and if you accidentally end up with more than one in play at a time - you lose the ball the second one drains. Then of course it spits balls back into the launcher until there's three there again. As a special bonus, I've recently started getting ball drains when hitting the slot machine. Even if you're able to play under these glitchy circumstances, it still screws you.

What a shame. It's a great table, but it's just impossible past the first LitZ.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Come on FS this table used to be awesome but now it's unplayable. As soon as you get multiball it's game over.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Just turn off event cam unless you find a table that actually needs it. TZ doesn't, since all it does is zoom in on the gumball and clock. Most do not, and this includes junkyard (WIndow SHopping jumps to what it wants anyway regardless of your timing) and LCA (you can just watch the alpha), though i admit LCA is more fun with event cam on.

Event cam is buggy as all heck, and as you see it ruins tables when it glitches out, like dr. dude.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Just turn off event cam .
That doesn't help. First it reduced the number of glitches but then they were back. Yesterday I tried the table again and they haven't done anything.

Probably many players just exploit it (just let balls at the plunger and play with the remaining ones). Scores cannot be taken serious under these conditions.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
This is very annoying and needs to be fixed. They fixed junkyard I was hoping it would fix TZ multiball bug.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Can confirm that every issue that I've had with this table appears to be working now. (And high score already increased by a couple billion.) Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.