Twilight Zone Question?

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Earlier today I was playing Twilight Zone and reached "Lost In The Zone" for my first time. Unfortunately it appeared both flippers died and the only thing you could control was the plunger and the camera angle was slightly off. It appeared to still be registering points for basically hitting the bumpers until every ball went into the drain. Has anyone had similar glitches in this section of the game before? My final score was my highest ever at 851,909,720 but I wish I could of finished off the game.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I haven't had a glitch like that in Twilight Zone, but I have witnessed a similar glitch in Fish Tales where the camera would zoom way out and I could not use the right flipper. (It really sucked then because Monster Fish AND Stretch the Truth was active.)

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Earlier today I was playing Twilight Zone and reached "Lost In The Zone" for my first time. Unfortunately it appeared both flippers died and the only thing you could control was the plunger and the camera angle was slightly off. It appeared to still be registering points for basically hitting the bumpers until every ball went into the drain. Has anyone had similar glitches in this section of the game before? My final score was my highest ever at 851,909,720 but I wish I could of finished off the game.

On Android?

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
This was played on a 1st generation mini iPad. I might play it later today and try to beat my high score and see if anything happens again. Almost every ball was on the table including the power ball but you could only plunge the balls and neither flipper responded. It was the regular version of Twilight Zone also not a pro edition.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not sure if it's exactly the same, but I've had similar on Android a while ago.
The sequence was, got LITZ, didn't realise but a ball was trapped actually under the upper right flipper upon the point that the other balls drained at timeout.
I ended up with the situation that the flippers were disabled, so I couldn't release the trapped ball, but the table knew a ball was missing so kept trying to release it, but wouldn't go any further. Had to quit - assistant was no help. Plunge continued to work whilst the flippers were de-energised.
Did you have a ball under the upper right?
Sounds very similar.

Tip - just before the end of LITZ, I always hold the flippers up now. It prevents this bug.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
there's an emulation error or a rom bug then because the ball search should flip the flippers on all fliptronic games.

chiliace

Aug 15, 2012
Using iPad 3rd generation I duplicated this issue. Isn't the first time, either. I guess they did't fix this glitch with the latest update. It ruins the game. What I need is glitch that's in my favor, not one that's screwing me over.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
At least with this you can work around by just holding the flippers up as LITZ times out.

I still regularly get balls jamming in the gumball feed habitrail. No work around for that one. (even nudging as the balls feed in doesn't always help).

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Haven’t encountered this problem on Twilight Zone before today but I just had three games in a row where some variation of this occurred.

Twice during Powerball the camera locked over the plunger and neither flipper worked until the last ball was live, at which point the camera returned to the standard position. It also happened during Fast Lock Multi-Ball and only one flipper worked.

I played games with Pro tweaks on (Novelty, no extra balls, hard) and the regular setting. Also with and without the event camera on.

I haven’t played TZ in a while, and when I started it up this morning it had to download an update before I could play. I thought of this thread as the bar was filling up, and felt a tremor in the force, like Rod Serling’s voice crying out “Don’t touch the update!” before being abruptly silenced.

This weirdness also popped up during one of my first games on Junkyard, and again on Junkyard during the tournament!

Dang. I hope they fix this.

(Before posting I played one more time and it happened again during Fast Lock Multi-Ball. Dang. Four games in a row! It looks like the Twilight Zone machine is broken on iPad. Well, my iPad at least.)

Edit: And again. Five in a row. I give up.

Last edited:

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
It's happened to me playing several games. Centaur, Twilight Zone, and a couple more I can't remember. It happens so infrequently that I chalked it up to an odd occurrence. I have yet to duplicate it twice on a table, but now that I know others have had this happen, I'll look out for if.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Haven’t encountered this problem on Twilight Zone before today but I just had three games in a row where some variation of this occurred.

Twice during Powerball the camera locked over the plunger and neither flipper worked until the last ball was live, at which point the camera returned to the standard position. It also happened during Fast Lock Multi-Ball and only one flipper worked.

I played games with Pro tweaks on (Novelty, no extra balls, hard) and the regular setting. Also with and without the event camera on.

I haven’t played TZ in a while, and when I started it up this morning it had to download an update before I could play. I thought of this thread as the bar was filling up, and felt a tremor in the force, like Rod Serling’s voice crying out “Don’t touch the update!” before being abruptly silenced.

This weirdness also popped up during one of my first games on Junkyard, and again on Junkyard during the tournament!

Dang. I hope they fix this.

(Before posting I played one more time and it happened again during Fast Lock Multi-Ball. Dang. Four games in a row! It looks like the Twilight Zone machine is broken on iPad. Well, my iPad at least.)

Edit: And again. Five in a row. I give up.

Hi JefferyD,

We are aware of the TZ bugs and are working on a fix for them. Currently the Gate in the plunger lane has a collision issue that is causing the ball to warp through into the plunger lane instead of the auto plunge. This results with the camera issue as well as some flipper control loss on IOS.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Mr. FlippyFloppy,

Excellent to hear. Totally appreciate it. I was not giving up in despair; honestly I was not even giving up.

I’ve played a few more games since my last post and I’m hoping to fight through the affliction and get to Lost in the Zone anyway. I’ve come pretty close, too. I’m treating it as a bizarre Wizard Goal, so much so that I’m probably not going to play any other table until I get it. Go figure.

I mean, go ahead and fix it... but don’t hurry! ;-P

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
I'm having this problem with junk yard and tz a lot since the latest update. Add in the challenge mode bug and not much fun playing tpa at the moment.

tyche

Oct 6, 2012
What issue are you having with Junk Yard and what challenge mode bug?

Challenges - it bugs out after game 1. You cannot move to the next game, all buttons disappear or don't respond.this was brought up in th PC forum.

Junk Yard - multi ball (during the vs phase) bugs out. Camera zooms out and right flipper no longer responds. Once you are down to a single ball it goes back to normal. I get this repeatedly but only after the first multiball works fine. Subsequent mutiballs on the same game bug out.

Echeos

Jun 5, 2013
Yeah, I'm having this issue on TZ too. Happened a few times today. Glad to know a fix is being worked on.

Now if you could just get round to looking at the bugs on Cirqus Voltaire... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.