Helpful ROM bug - Double Double Deadheads

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
This isn't TPA/Farsight's fault, but I noticed an odd but helpful bug with the ROM.

When Double Trouble is active for double scoring, the Deadheads score award gets doubled *twice*. If it's at the maximum of 2,475,000, the displayed value will be doubled to 4,950,000... and then doubled again to actually add just under 10M to your score. Make 5 deadhead shots during double trouble and that racks up 50M in a hurry.

I haven't noticed if this double-doubling happens with any other score values on the table, but it could be possible.

Side note on Deadheads: The score value is also available during multiballs even though the display doesn't mention it. So especially during Crypt multiball, ignore the paltry 250K jackpots and shoot for 2.5M Deadheads instead.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This isn't TPA/Farsight's fault, but I noticed an odd but helpful bug with the ROM.

When Double Trouble is active for double scoring, the Deadheads score award gets doubled *twice*. If it's at the maximum of 2,475,000, the displayed value will be doubled to 4,950,000... and then doubled again to actually add just under 10M to your score. Make 5 deadhead shots during double trouble and that racks up 50M in a hurry.

I haven't noticed if this double-doubling happens with any other score values on the table, but it could be possible.

Side note on Deadheads: The score value is also available during multiballs even though the display doesn't mention it. So especially during Crypt multiball, ignore the paltry 250K jackpots and shoot for 2.5M Deadheads instead.

Ah, nice catch! Unfortunately, it can't be fixed. An unfixable bug intentionally to behave on the real game!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.