I Played This for an Hour Straight Last Night - That Should Not Happen!

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I played this puppy after being away from it for a while, and I realize now why I haven't played it in so long: TPA screwed this one big time! Perhaps even more than SS, this is notoriously difficult in real life, and that's part of why it's so popular. This one you fill up the mirror time after time, and no big whoop! Here a multiball, there a multiball, everywhere a multiball; not much of an accomplishment really.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yea, well so is TZ. I once played a game on PS4 for over an hour and completed LITZ three times. Obviously this wouldn't happen IRL. FarSight has said they could program more randomness but won't because people would complain about the game "cheating." I take it as it comes and am just glad to play it.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Season 2 on they included some randomness in the kickers (usually one of three possibilities). I can understand not wanting the kickout to shoot the ball between the flippers, or drains due to the ball getting airborne and flying over the flippers or onto the apron and down the drain (all of which happen on real machines) but I think there's other things at play besides non-random kickouts that make things easier on TPA, such as the TZ clock target (on TPA, it's a relatively safe shot, IRL, it's nearly suicidal), or ramps that are more forgiving (on TPA the shot is successful, IRL it's a miss and the ball is out of control), and a Piano Shot that is MUCH easier to make, though my real TZ skills still have improved since playing it on TPA, as the real machine does play more or less like the TPA version (therefore the same strategies apply), TPA is just more forgiving of mistakes.

fenderbendr

Dec 1, 2012
Yea, well so is TZ. I once played a game on PS4 for over an hour and completed LITZ three times. Obviously this wouldn't happen IRL. FarSight has said they could program more randomness but won't because people would complain about the game "cheating." I take it as it comes and am just glad to play it.

If only those people would realize how much more a table cheats you in real life than it does in TPA.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I must have missed where they said this. Do you have the source handy by any chance?

I was racking my brain about which FarSight guy I heard this from. It was either some random interview with Bobby or it was one of the two programmers on one of the Twitchcasts. I know they have said they have the ability to program more randomness but didn't because some people would think the game was altering the ball movement unfairly, or something like that. If I remember, I'll post it.

Members online

Members online