Lights...Camera...Action! Photos

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
yeeesh..a little burnt sienna thing going on there? Way too dark and orange. Again I'm confused as to why they can never get the colors right.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
I could do without this one.

turd.png

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
This table has some of the easiest to achieve Wizard goals. The only one I haven't got is Blockbuster and that is just a matter of playing enough games without exiting the PA. Basically just work the spinner and complete poker hands over and over. Jackpot targets are a drain monster but you will eventually start the jackpot scene by completing poker hands anyway so I just avoid those targets. Hit the stair spinner is an easy and safe shot, you can almost always trap the ball after and it lights the kickback. Not much reason to aim for anything else. This table is ok. Tee'd Off seems unpopular but personally I prefer that one of the Gottlieb tables.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
This is probably the second best gottlieb table out there together with cue ball wizard. Tee´d off is a bit better but still only good for being a Gottlieb. But boy is it a total drainfest and it only has one easy shot the spinner. I fail to see the fun in the rotating stuff all it does is allow you to get to gun fight or lock it out?

But it sure is challenging so may grow on me will see. I would like to see a bit more buildup for the action sequences it´s not really clear what to do all the time and if I completed a scene. I believe I completed jackpot once I am not sure ;). Also how annoying they have the replay knack sound for hitting the right million plus target lol.

night

May 18, 2012
Yeah, but every time I say this people think I am so wrong and that this brownish look is so realistic and cool. So stop complaining and be happy!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, but every time I say this people think I am so wrong and that this brownish look is so realistic and cool. So stop complaining and be happy!
The brownish look is not realistic. Here is a pic of the real thing:
lca_pf.jpg

I sort of see what they are going for. It seems they are trying to color the playfield as it would look in a darkened room with the glow of the table lighting. But the without the actual lighting effects, it looks strange to change the pallet in an attempt to mimic it.

This is the same thing Black Rose and Black Knight 2000 had. But like I said, on mobile devices it looks fine.

ps I am happy. I feel like a room without a roof.

night

May 18, 2012
The brownish look is not realistic. Here is a pic of the real thing:

I sort of see what they are going for. It seems they are trying to color the playfield as it would look in a darkened room with the glow of the table lighting. But the without the actual lighting effects, it looks strange to change the pallet in an attempt to mimic it.

This is the same thing Black Rose and Black Knight 2000 had. But like I said, on mobile devices it looks fine.

ps I am happy. I feel like a room without a roof.

Very much agree with you, FarSight tries to mimic dim light with a muddy brownish/pinkish color wash, but FarSight's graphics team is beyond my understanding for a long time. Take a look at the iOS Zaccaria app, that's how low light tables should look like! How hard could it be, well apparently very hard for them: It's never going to happen in TPA. But at least the mobile version of TPA looks fine, not Zaccaria quality but fine most of the times, colors are much much better than on the consoles.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Also how annoying they have the replay knack sound for hitting the right million plus target lol.

That's because the special is lit there after collecting a loop million for 15 seconds (or until collected in multiball). every one of those knocks is a credit being earned. Expect to have over 10 credits (shown bottom center of display) during a good game. :)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I'm glad the tables are darkened. With LCA's table artwork so busy, can you imagine playing a TPA version that looks like DrainoBraino's pic? Sure, IRL, it could be done, but that's because it's IRL. In digital, the 2d assets just blend into one another, and the ball would be hard to track. The original Bk2k released on the iOS had to be dimmed for this very reason. Similarly, to this day, I can't stand playing WH2O on iOS because of the white hot spot near the center. I love it on the PC tho'.

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I'm glad the tables are darkened. With LCA's table artwork so busy, can you imagine playing a TPA version that looks like DrainoBraino's pic? Sure, IRL, it could be done, but that's because it's IRL. In digital, the 2d assets just blend into one another, and the ball would be hard to track. The original Bk2k released on the iOS had to be dimmed for this very reason. Similarly, to this day, I can't stand playing WH2O on iOS because of the white hot spot near the center. I love it on the PC tho'.
:confused: but...it does look like that on mobile. Maybe not as bright, there's a flash or light shining on the playfield in the pic I posted making it brighter. On my android version it looks very similar, I'll see if I can post a screen later.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
:confused: but...it does look like that on mobile. Maybe not as bright, there's a flash or light shining on the playfield in the pic I posted making it brighter. On my android version it looks very similar, I'll see if I can post a screen later.

That's the key. When the issue with BK2K existed, it was toned down just a tiny bit and yet it made all the difference.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
That's the key. When the issue with BK2K existed, it was toned down just a tiny bit and yet it made all the difference.
well bright is one thing, brown is another. I don't mind if they "darken" the tables, I'm all for a night mode.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I think that also has something to do with the surrounding environment. As long as it's not pink, I'm good with it.

Members online

Members online