T2 strategy thread

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Don't let the ball go down the outlanes or between the flippers.
Hitting stuff scores points.

Sorry, couldn't resist been to a bbq - erm repeatedly shooting the right orbit (consecutive chase loops) and get those millions gave me my best scores, more than Jackpots.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Well, it's really collect Extra Balls as often as possible. You get one from each trip up the escape route and another each time you reach 8x bonus. Lighting the escape route is easy - bring the ball to a catch on the right flipper, shoot at the rightmost center standup target, and the ball will bounce off that and off the jackpot targets back into the other two escape route standups. Just do that and hit the escape route 6 times per ball and you go infinite, earning EBs faster than you lose them.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
THIS.

Because there is no randomization of standup bounces, this makes completing escape too easy. All they need is a randomization of plus or minus one degree from rebounds off of standups, and this is fixed. this will also make plunges different even though they are all the same strength.

And if you start losing extra balls, you can quickly get back on track with the bonusx extra ball, which can be re-collected every time you drain without collecting hold bonus.

This game needs a max extra balls per ball in play setting enabled to stop infinity.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
So hold bonus is not my friend? Is this like in STTNG where you can avoid warps to avoid hold bonus?

But hold bonus is there on the escape route on the way to the EB, so how best to solve this conundrum?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So hold bonus is not my friend? Is this like in STTNG where you can avoid warps to avoid hold bonus?

But hold bonus is there on the escape route on the way to the EB, so how best to solve this conundrum?

Extra Balls are also on the Escape Route, so that might be an alternative.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
hold bonus is not your friend, but you cannot avoid it if you want that escape route extra ball.

And because that extra ball is repeatable without draining you very much DO want it.

Perfect ball 1 is replay extra ball, bonusx extra ball and two escape route extra balls. If you drain and then drain again before you get hold bonus again, then you can collect both extra balls again to save yourself.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
There is a ROM bug that can help. If you tilt while bonus is held, the multiplier is actually NOT held. Next ball the playfield bonus X lamps stay on, but actually the scoreboard will show you earning 2x-4x-etc and light an EB at 8x.

I semi-intentionally used this in my #1 score game (didn't intentionally tilt, but took advantage of it after accidental tilts), so describing it here so everyone knows.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
If it weren't for the fact that tournaments tend to disable extra balls this would be very unsportsmanlike.

And it's easy enough to go infinite without cheating that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.