FUEL Special wizard goal

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
what's the catch? I think I did it right a couple of times now but......... Completeing the FUEL Special awards extra ball but no wizard goal.
And also, what about that EB on 7200000? It is mentioned in instructions but it's not given.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Can't answer your question I'm afraid, but would like a little clarification on the goal as well if anyone knows. It's one of 11 wizard goals I have left and it's killing me.

Once you complete the FUEL targets the third time, the special light lights up as expected. In order to collect it - do you need to complete the FUEL targets again *in order* in order to collect it? I'd swear I've finished them off in the painfully brief 7 second time frame, but it's really just a matter of mashing the flippers for me at that point - don't think I've done it in order.

Assuming they have to be done in order since I've neither gotten the goal or even a special for it. Just want to confirm my fears

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
yes, you have to hit them in order because 7s is not enough for anything elese. The pattern is the same as for 100k and 200k, if you hit the unlit one, you have to knock them all to get them up again.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
correct. you have to hit target number 4 when it's flashing and the special light is still flashing to get the goal. It's a true wizard goal, quite difficult.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Thanks for the clarification. It is as I feared. That goal is going on the back burner for now. 7 seconds to pull that off is nuts.

One more question though that I could probably answer with some gameplay but if anyone happens to know... If you hit the F when it's flashing, but also hit U with the same shot - does it skip forward to lighting E?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
usually it will credit you with both. if you get E and L at the same time and it downs all the targets it always credits you with both, in my experience.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
All right then. Gives me a bit of hope, though it still seems like it will take some serious luck with at least one "2 for 1" shot like that. Gonna move on to some other wizard goals I have remaining instead though.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Completeing the FUEL Special awards extra ball but no wizard goal.

Same here. It drives me mad!!!

I did it three times, and no wizard goal awarded.:mad: The special is awarded and that's all.

I took care to not have a ball locked (as there's problem of wizard goal recognition when there is more than one ball on the playfield). When special is lit, I shoot the F-U-E-L target in order (no other way anyway), under seven seconds, by trapping the ball on the upper left flipper (when it's possible)... and no wizard goal.

Raaaahhh. There is the same problem on Class of 1812 ("Earn the Bonus level special" wizard goal not recognized) and it's the same table pack... Related bug?

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
I don't know if it is related, I don't play Class of 1812 much. Victory is quite good but the other one is meh....
And I still didn't get the FUEL wizard goal.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I don't know if it is related, I don't play Class of 1812 much.

Well, same bug on the two tables of the same table pack, there is a big chance. :p

Moreover, all the others wizard goals on others tables requiring to earn a special, are correctly awarded (more or less if there's a multiball, like on MB).

I doubt FS will look into this before a long time. :(

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
Well, same bug on the two tables of the same table pack, there is a big chance. :p

Moreover, all the others wizard goals on others tables requiring to earn a special, are correctly awarded (more or less if there's a multiball, like on MB).

I doubt FS will look into this before a long time. :(

I tried this goal ages ago and had the same issue of it not being awarded. I assume its the suspect way they try to tack wizard goals (I assume they're looking for specific HUD frames).
I bugged it at the time but sounds like they've ignored it or not fixed it properly. It'd be nice if they just overhauled the whole system as it happens on every single table they release.

Has anyone actually managed to get it to award? I was tempted to come back and tick this off but I'm reluctant if its still impossible or a really low percentage.

Pod

P.s Should point out that I've got all the 1812 goals sothat one defo does award.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Has anyone actually managed to get it to award? I was tempted to come back and tick this off but I'm reluctant if its still impossible or a really low percentage.

Pod

It finally registered this week. \o/

I took me something like one hundred of attempts! :rolleyes:

Once the special is lit, the targets have to be shoot under 7 seconds and in order (from F to L).

With so many attempts, I found one consistent ball behavior, with a little variant:

- The Lucky Way -- (I encountered this two times, succeeded the second time)​

52dhs4.jpg

Right after the last 200K Bonus letter is shot and the special lits, you have to hold trap the ball on the left flipper (it takes ~3 seconds). Once the ball is stopped, shoot as soon as you can to hit the F letter (1). Usually, the ball will come back like in 1', and you can shoot straight to the U letter. But if it's your lucky day, the U and the E letter will get down at the same time (2)! Then the ball will go straight to the right flipper (2') and it will be time to use the Force, because it's a one-try shot: one and only one attempt to shot the last L letter. (3). If the shot is missed, it's over (no time left). Otherwise, Goal Complete!

- The Not So Lucky Way -- (I encountered this a lot of times, never succeeded)​

r1iwie.jpg

To shoot the F letter, A et A' are the same than 1 and 1' in the Lucky Way. But B differs from 2, because only the U letter will get down. The ball will come back on the left flipper or the right flipper (B'). If it comes back to the left flipper, it's almost impossible to shoot the E letter: most of the time, the ball will go to the ramps (X). Nudge or do a dead pass (by nudging too) to send the ball to the right flipper. With the right flipper, try to shot the E letter (C - hard shot). The ball will go back on the left flipper, and at this point, you're almost doomed: I never succeeded to shoot the L letter with the left flipper (D). 100% of time, the ball goes in one of the two ramps (X). It could be avoided by hold trapping the ball after C', but you don't have the time for it.

In conclusion, pray to encounter the Lucky Way. :p

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I found the "flail around madly and hope things work out" method as effective as actually trying. It still took me two goes before the goal even registered.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
I was really dreading this goal, but ended up earning it in less than 1 hour of attempts. Pure luck. Didn't even hit the letters in order, had to do two passes (I hit L first and then had to do FU-E-L). As the previous poster said - 'flail madly' and hope for the best. I did get lucky with hitting FU at the same time on second pass. Here's the vid:

skippycue

Jul 16, 2013
I had to earn the special 3 times in this run before the goal actually triggered. Once at 3:47, a second time at 9:07, and then the final time that awarded the goal at 18:30. If you look at the points for the first two times I earned the special, I did not get the 200K points for completing FUEL like you're supposed to. The third time I earned the FUEL Special I did receive the 200K points for completing FUEL. You'll also notice that the first two times I earned the special, I completed the last 2-3 drop targets in FUEL VERY quickly, almost at the same time. The last time I earned the FUEL special and got the award, I hit all targets one at a time. However, I hit 2-3 targets to finish FUEL many times to light Special and was given the 200K points each of those times... The other variation is that when I earned the Special the last time, I already had Shoot again lit from earning a prior Special, but I don't think that's related to anything. I really can't explain the malfunction here, but my theory is (for the Special only) that the 'L' in FUEL needs to be hit alone to actually get the 200K points and be credited with the FUEL Special goal. I watched 3 other videos of people who earned this goal and they all hit the 'L' standalone... except one video and that guy said it wasn't his first time earning it so the goal likely popped for him a prior time not recorded. I know I earned the Special 3 times because I heard the Special music and I enabled the Shoot again light between the flippers. In this game, third time was the charm for me! lol

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You know that's it.

The check is most likely determined by detecting the proper point award from striking the L target.

but you can also get the award from striking both e and l.

so a second check needs to be added for getting that special from hitting both E and L. a E+L hit takes a different codepath in the rom.

Members online

Members online