Bug Reracking sometimes fails to happen during 9-ball mode

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Ok so I don't have a very solid reproducable effect, because I only had this happen once during several hours of play, but I'm reporting it anyway.

During the 9-ball mode when you're supposed to hit 1-7 in sequence it's supposed to rerack the balls if you hit a sequence ball and the next one isn't available. Once during my last game when the next ball would have been 6, it failed to rerack and the 1-7 section remained cleared of all targets. The end result was that I couldn't finish the 9-ball mode and it also would not end no matter how long I waited. In the end the only way to fix it was to lose my current ball which ended the mode and reracked.

The only reason I can think of why it happened that time and not any others is that I had double scoring active at the time. I'm not sure if that's the issue or if it was just a coincidence, but there you have it. This was on the PC version.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
This does happen on the real table sometimes. the switch pulse event got missed. It does tend to happen more often with emulation then in real life, but it DOES happen, and there's no series switch to detect that all drops are down and reset them.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
This does happen on the real table sometimes. the switch pulse event got missed. It does tend to happen more often with emulation then in real life, but it DOES happen, and there's no series switch to detect that all drops are down and reset them.

Interesting. Thanks for the info on that. I've never played a real CBW machine so I guess it's just a function of the emulation replicating the error. I guess I'm pretty ok with that then overall.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.