Tips for 5 way combo?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
So I noticed I only had one wizard goal left on WH2O and thought "How hard can it be?"

Half an hour of repetition later, I have only managed to get the third part of the five way combo two or three times. And when I do, I choke because it happens so infrequently.

The left flipper is NOT set up well for hitting No Way Out on the fly from Disaster Drop, is there a way to simplify it? Or is it just one of those goals that is just a pain in the rear?

Cheers, guys.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Try nudging, perhaps straight up, while the ball is in the inlane below the slingshot on the feed from Insanity Falls. That may slow it down or shake up the physics enough to get a semi-controlled shot at No Way Out.

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
What I do is as soon as the ball exits Insanity Falls, I hold the left flipper up and then flip the right flipper immediately to go for No Way Out and a 3-way combo.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the 5 way is actually spine chiller, insanity falls, no way out, insanity falls, disaster drop.

no way out after insanity falls is hard, but try nudging sideways right after the flip.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Got it! Nudging just confused things, but I realised that you need to flip much earlier than it looks like you should. Also, if the lock is active on No Way Out, the combo carries over to the loaded ball so you can take a breather between steps 4 and 5.

Thanks, guys!

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the combo carried over for you? every time i tried it the lock would break the combo, and i'd have to start it all over.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
the combo carried over for you? every time i tried it the lock would break the combo, and i'd have to start it all over.

It definitely did once or twice. There was maybe one time when it didn't. Probably pernickety.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
FWIW it's just as difficult on a real table, as is the somewhat shaky detection of balls shot into No Way Out (I'm guessing it's the same trap mechanism as the Casters' Club in FT). This is based on my experience of one table that I last played ooh... 20 years ago?

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Your scoring on this game is determined by the difficulty of insanity falls to no way out to insanity falls to no way out and so on during mutliball. if you got this down, you can just PILE on the points. Some real machines it's pretty easy, but you usually have to flip super early to get the shot when it's not from a trap, and like some in real life, it's HARD in TPA. this is very much a good thing.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Funny, I never concentrate on the jackpots during multiball on White Water. I just use it to help the journey to Wet Willie's.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Those jackpots are big points ... but not everyone needs them.:)

I don't really have the score in mind, it's just more of a journey and achievement to have the machine go berserk with the Vacation Jackpot. Wet Willie's and the Vacation Jackpot amount to 300M, don't knock it ;) Plus, multiball becomes a pain to reactivate after the second or third one.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
I finally got this goal after many times trying. I could NEVER hit no way out after the falls. What happened to me, I shot spine chiller, insanity falls, then no way out for a 3 way combo twice in quick succession, and the goal registered (on PS3). I have hit the actual 5 way combo before, but transferring to the right flipper apparently timed out the combo (on iPad). Perhaps with PS3 the combo doesn't time out as fast?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I have hit the actual 5 way combo before, but transferring to the right flipper apparently timed out the combo (on iPad). Perhaps with PS3 the combo doesn't time out as fast?

I've tried this way, but it breaks the combo. :(

I finally got this goal after many times trying. I could NEVER hit no way out after the falls. What happened to me, I shot spine chiller, insanity falls, then no way out for a 3 way combo twice in quick succession, and the goal registered (on PS3).

I don't understand? The "no way" out shot is tha hardest part, and you shot it twice in a row (6 combos?)

@Zaphod77: For my part, the combo is not carried when the ball lock is active. :mad:

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah the only thing that worked for me was to flip early, and nudge the table as the ball goes up to redirect it into no way out.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I finally got this goal after many times trying. I could NEVER hit no way out after the falls. What happened to me, I shot spine chiller, insanity falls, then no way out for a 3 way combo twice in quick succession, and the goal registered (on PS3). I have hit the actual 5 way combo before, but transferring to the right flipper apparently timed out the combo (on iPad). Perhaps with PS3 the combo doesn't time out as fast?

You basically need to do the whole thing on the fly. The timer does not allow for any trapping or passing. Most tables are quite lax, but White Water doesn't give you a chance to breathe, unless you lock a ball half way through.

You CAN hit other targets in the meantime, it doesn't break the combo. So brushing the ball against the lock targets is fine as long as it goes into No Way Out.

yeah the only thing that worked for me was to flip early, and nudge the table as the ball goes up to redirect it into no way out.

I didn't have to nudge on PS3, but flipping early is the key.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I have hit the actual 5 way combo before, but transferring to the right flipper apparently timed out the combo (on iPad). Perhaps with PS3 the combo doesn't time out as fast?

Finally did it... with the transfer from the left to the right flipper in order shot "no way out"! Actually, when you shoot "no way out" (3rd combo), nothing is displayed on the DMD (even when there is no lock). The ball goes to the upper part, and when you shoot "insanity falls", 4th combo shot is displayed on the DMD.

That's why I thought the transfer broke the combo, but it wasn't (on PS3 though).

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Just got it myself by transferring to the right flipper for the third shot. Half assumed that that wouldn't work, but the next shot registered a 4 way combo and then it was just one nervous as Hell final shot.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013

I don't understand? The "no way" out shot is tha hardest part, and you shot it twice in a row (6 combos?)

@Zaphod77: For my part, the combo is not carried when the ball lock is active. :mad:
My bad, I meant the 3 way combo spine chiller/insanity falls/disaster drop twice in a row.

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
This is taking me forever.

I swear I am hitting it, but I get no Wizard goal out of it.

Spine Chiller > Insanity > No Way Out > Insanity > Disaster Drop/Boomerang Bend, right?

Is there time limit between shots?

I do a transfer to the right flipper, and take a little time to aim my shot, is that where I am going wrong? Does this need to be done with zero delay to count?

Ive not once, in many tries, been able to hit no way out from the left inlane, that **** is always off.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.