Bug Left orbit doesn't register correctly

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Device/OS: New iPad / iOS 7.1.2

Bug Description: Once Lock is lit at the left orbit, the ball occasionally glitches through to the Deadhead lanes.

Steps to reproduce: Light the Coffin multiball lock and then shoot the left orbit.

Frequency: <40%

Additional Comments: Sometimes the lock registers correctly and sometimes it doesn't.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
This happens to me on PC too. Seems to have been caused by a recent update. I saw it happen a lot in the last month but don't ever remember it before.

I'd say it's even more than 40%, feels like close to 75% of shots don't lock properly. Sometimes enough in a row fail that the ROM thinks the diverter is broken and awards the lock as compensation at the Deadhead hole instead.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
+1. I've had this happen quite a bit on PC. One of the reasons I don't play Scared Stiff right now. Overall I think there are a slew of collision detection bugs around. Tables where I'm pretty sure I've seen similar things happen:
- Twilight Zone. Balls pass through the auto-plunger diverter and into the manual plunge lane. Game-breaker.
- White Water. Balls pass through the Bigfoot diverter and go down the ramp feed instead of into the Whirlpool. Annoying, causes glitches on modes where it expects the ball to go to the Lost Mine kickout (Ride The Whirlpool in particular).
- Attack From Mars. Only weak balls drop into the lock when lock is lit. Strong shots just continue around the ramp as if the diverter wasn't there. Not quite as common as the other two.
- No Good Gofers. Shots to the left-hand lock behind the Gopher/under the center ramp don't register 100% of the time.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
+1. I've had this happen quite a bit on PC. One of the reasons I don't play Scared Stiff right now. Overall I think there are a slew of collision detection bugs around. Tables where I'm pretty sure I've seen similar things happen:
- Twilight Zone. Balls pass through the auto-plunger diverter and into the manual plunge lane. Game-breaker.
Haven'r seen this, but i haven't plated in a while.
- White Water. Balls pass through the Bigfoot diverter and go down the ramp feed instead of into the Whirlpool. Annoying, causes glitches on modes where it expects the ball to go to the Lost Mine kickout (Ride The Whirlpool in particular).
I have seen this one. it's not that common but happens to me.
- Attack From Mars. Only weak balls drop into the lock when lock is lit. Strong shots just continue around the ramp as if the diverter wasn't there. Not quite as common as the other two.
I have not seen this.
- No Good Gofers. Shots to the left-hand lock behind the Gopher/under the center ramp don't register 100% of the time.
I've seen this happen in real life. no good gofers is notoriously buggy, and has been known to not only not register locks, but randomly kick out locked balls.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, both the AFM and TZ ones happen to me too on PC. I caught both in action on my stream a few months ago.

Haven't seen the White Water or NGG incidents, though haven't played either in a long time.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.