Graphics changed at some point? preferred old look

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
Hi All

I was watching some videos on you tube of people playing TOTAN eg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqmSBy61o-c

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCdFF0HFlE

And went to play some afterwards and realized my graphics changed at some point and does not look like this anymore.. was it in the mega patch upgrade?

The old version in these videos had very nice colours reflecting in the transparent plastics and the flippers were different. I actually remember my table did look like this at some point.

this is on PS3

Am I missing something here? I appreciate them making updates to tables etc but IMHO this specific update was a step backwards.

What color bands do you all have on your flippers now? mine are not purple anymore and the reflective colours in the plastics are gone..sigh

Last edited:

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
I just went and checked , My flippers bands are red now , I also noticed the playfields backlighting was darker in the old version which gave it a night mode feel , now the brightness and color are over saturated and there is less contrast to the lights .. double sigh

give me back the old version please .. PLEASE! this new look is terrible.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
this is on PS3

Am I missing something here? I appreciate them making updates to tables etc but IMHO this specific update was a step backwards.

Hi shaderbytes,

With the super patch, FS wanted to give a consistent look to all tables, by adding a warm incandescent glow (reddish ambiant lighting).

On some tables, it looks very nice, on others, it doesn't (the previous ones were better).

For ToTAN, it's weird at first (when you used to the previous lighting), but finally, it's better (you see the table arts and details better).

Far better:

S1: ToM, BH, Rbion, CV, Taxi, EATPM

Better:

S1: ToTAN, MB, BK, HD, NGG, TZ, Genie

Worst:

S1: MM, BoP, FH, ScS, Big Shot

I didn't own S2 tables before the super patch, so I can't really compare except that this reddish hue is far too strong on some tables: Centaur (it's no more a catchy black&white) and White Water.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.