this has to be the most ugly pinball table ive ever seen

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
wow , just wow.. I want to know what drugs all these people were taking while they decided the art work for this table was production quality and actually manufactured a few. My goodness its disgusting

;)

EDIT , just in case i get misunderstood , I'm referring to the real table designers .. not farsight studios

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Let's not forget the wonderful audio that pairs up nicely with the wonderful visuals.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
But the original El Dorado is #36 on IPDB (EM rankings). I assume dtown was speaking to that and the classic layout that was used on multiple pins.

night

May 18, 2012
I don't think El Dorado is an ugly table, it's the TPA version that looks hideous. This is one of the tables that suffered from the '2 tables a month' rush-rush policy. (Or just a sh!tty graphics team who did this table). The original artwork is very busy which can become a visual nightmare on a 2D-screen. The main problem with the TPA version (and this goes not only for this table) is the complete absence of shadows. This makes it hard, even impossible to get a good differentiations of all the elements, the 3 dimensional experience is lost. What stays is a flat looking 2D image.
Good Lord, I can write a book about this.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
What's also interesting is the fact that FS was able to give us 2 tables per month due to the fact that they reused the assets from their PHOF versions. This El Dorado is not the PHOF version. Wish it was. I really love the sound of EMs.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I just got this table by accident. I thought Cue Ball Wizard was paired with the original El Dorado, so I sprung for both. I didn't look closely enough at the description. I agree, this "improvement" of El Dorado is a complete waste of money. I wish FS had offered the original, which is a really enjoyable machine.

Jay

May 19, 2012
Also, what's up with the lighting on this table? It's the darkest table in the entire FS collection, as if someone removed all the bulbs.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
While I might agree with some of the above statements, I find this one of my most played tables. Good flow, simple intertwined ruleset, addictive, and a great score doesn't take all afternoon.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.