iOS - Request How about Apple airplay?

wrft3rd

Jul 26, 2014
Hey all,
Pinball Arcade looks so good on my ipad but wouldn't it be great to blow it up a bit through my Apple TV using airplay. I know there's probably some corporate reason why this hasn't happened yet. Is there anybody out there who agrees with me on this matter please post.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
I think if you were to push TBA via Airplay, the quality would suffer (not sure) but I've heard something somewhere about Apple not allowing native resolution stream through airplay for games. I can't say this for sure. But as a whole, i think it would be a great feature. With it the controller support will make it feel like your playing the console version... But with limited graphics.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
There's too much lag for it to work well.

+1. In addition, there's a lack of justification from a business standpoint. A few rhetorical questions:
  • "How much interest is there in this feature?" If the answer is significant enough...
  • "Will this feature make money?" If the answer is significant enough...
  • "How long would it take to implement and test?" If the answer is short enough...
  • "How would the development costs be covered?"
Otherwise: "Why not use an alternative for a TV experience, such as the PS4 version?"

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
+1. In addition, there's a lack of justification from a business standpoint. A few rhetorical questions:
  • "How much interest is there in this feature?" If the answer is significant enough...
  • "Will this feature make money?" If the answer is significant enough...
  • "How long would it take to implement and test?" If the answer is short enough...
  • "How would the development costs be covered?"
Otherwise: "Why not use an alternative for a TV experience, such as the PS4 version?"

Oh yeahhh! Well. Well what makes you think you know so much?!

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I tried playing on my Note 2 using an actual hdmi connection and it was terrible. Basically try using a remote desktop connection over your Lan. Preferably via wireless. Put all the display settings at max. Log on to the remote computer and use that to watch a video on YouTube. For some slower non reaction critical games it might not be so bad. For TPA which requires split second reactions and relies on a smooth framerate it just won't cut it.

It's great for movies and stuff though.

Munky

Apr 28, 2013
Were you using a Bluetooth controller while on HDMI, or the touchscreen. On my Note 2 and now my Note 3, the amoount of lag depends on the TV and if it has a "game mode" or not that limits the post processing most TVs do on HDMI connections.

I'll be interested to try the new Shield tablet since it's controller uses wifi direct eliminating the lag inherent to Bluetooth.

Jay

May 19, 2012
That's true -- but only in TPA's current implementation. I have Pinball HD, and for AirPlay they created a special mode for the game. The iPhone or iPad turns into a controller only and the game table displays on the TV. It works perfectly, with no harmful lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts