Bug Bonus Level Special not registered (all platforms)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Wizard Goal "Bonus Level Special" not awarded (all platforms)

Like all wizard goals "Earn a special" (MB, ScS...), it is not recognized during a multiball. It's OK, it's a known bug now. :p

So, I did it with a single ball in play... and it's not registered too.:mad:

I lit the 5 coffins, and lit again all bonus levels. The special is awarded (music and all the light show) but the wizard goal is not unlocked.

Happens to me on the PS3 version and it happens on mobiles devices too:

Date: 2014-07-19
I earned the bonus level special without a doubt on ball 2 at 4:49 during multiball.
Again on ball 3 after 12:33 during solo ball play and it just hasn't registered (4 times now I haven't gotten this goal).

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
OK, the wizard goal have been finally registered.

Like all the wizard goals that involve a special (like on MB), there are some rules to follow in order to get the wizard goal:

1 - Get the special with a single ball in play. You can still fill the bonus level during a multiball, but the special must be collected with a single ball in play.

2 - The last shot that completes the Bonus Level (and gives you the special) has to be a lit inlane. If you shoot anything else (a ramp for example, or the saucer), the special will be awarded but not the wizard goal.
It's kind of tricky because you have to calculate how many shots are left before earning the special. When you come near the special award, the best strategy is to repeat the same shot: ramp - lit inlane, ramp - lit inlane, and so on. And pray that the last Bonus Level input coincide with a lit inlane.

3 - When the ball rolls in the lit inlane, the special is awarded and... Goal 2 completed. Finally.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Confirm this bug (here on PC - seems to happen on various platforms). Could it please be added to the Master Issue List for this table, so it might get fixed one day? Thanks :)

Last edited:

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Confirming the bug on PS4 as well. Thank you for posting the workaround, I thought I was going crazy after getting the special twice and not the Wizard goal.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Finally got this done, the vid is below. OP claims that the last lamp needs to be lit via lit inlane, but I don't believe that to be the case. In my vid I have 7 lamps left to light for the bonus. I hit one ramp, so that's 3 lamps + 1 inlane, that leaves 3 more lamps to light. I hit the second ramp, which is exactly 3 lamps, and the wizard goal pops. That's without the inlane return. So while you definitely can't get it during multiball, you can certainly get the wizard goal without lit inlane being the last bonus lamp. It is possible the requirement is merely that you don't go over the bonus lamps, so for example if you had only 2 lamps left to light, and hit the ramp which counts for 3 lamps, you would go 1 over, and it wouldn't count. Not sure, perhaps someone else will be able to test it in the future. I'm done with this table, moving on to El Dorado City of Gold next.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.