Bug Multiball Multiplier doesn't increase on multiple Multiballs on the same ball.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
That title's a mouthful. Anyway, I've noticed that if you start Multiball after you've done another one on the same ball, as in you didn't drain the other one at all, and try to ramp up the multiplier, You'll just get "Multiplier maxed" after spelling CREATURE, while the multiplier is only at 1x. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but it can really cripple scores. And if it SEEMS to work, try getting 4x on the first multiball.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
This is normal ROM behavior. After you have had a multiball with the multiplier increased to 4x, it can't go beyond 1x any more for future multiballs on that same ball until you drain. The rule is to somewhat nerf runaway scoring with multiball jackpots.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Even if you never managed to land a jackpot? I was stuck on the first part of the multiball on the first run. the ball ejected from the slide. I tried catching it with my left flipper, it bounces up and rolls into the left outlane. I scored the restart, and I had to shoot the slide to find the girl, but the ball hit the bottom of the right flipper, and went down the drain. That's kinda messed up.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
the mutiball restart resumes the current multiball with the current multiplier. but once the multiball ends, you are screwed if you made it to 4x on future multiballs that ball.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Damn. Didn't know about this, and was just coming to see if anyone else had run into what I had assumed was a bug. Ended up having a decent enough (for me) multiball - collected 3 super jackpots, but the score was nerfed due to it being my second multiball on the same ball.

Lesson learned, I guess.

Question about strategy then. I typically run up the multiplier first thing as soon as I can trap a ball on the left flipper. Should I maybe not bother until I find and rescue the girl? Waiting to up the multiplier until the jackpot is ready just in case I accidentally drain out searching for the girl?

What if you don't up the multiplier at all? If you drain with the multiplier at 1 (Having either found the girl, collected a jackpot, etc) and then start another multiball on the same ball? Will you have the ability to increase the multiplier then?

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, I don't raise the multiplier until the jackpot is ready. And if it's 3x, I won't push it to 4x until the super jackpot is ready.

Only reaching 4x locks you out of increases for later multiballs on the same ball.

Beatnik-Filmstar

May 10, 2014
Thanks for the advice. Had kinda already decided on the first point - got tired of raising the multiplier only to somehow screw up the slide shot searching for the girl. If I'm gonna miss a shot like that, I'd rather just get it over with. Even better advice about only going 3x and then 4x for the super though - no sense in running it all the way up until those bumper hits are completed.

Thanks for verifying that last point as well. Good to know.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.