First Impressions: Diner

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
disclamier i hadnt bithered to download it yet but these descrptions make sound much more oinball simukation than the usual fair, if thats the case i commend them

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Also, I found that the ball gets kicked out of the hole way too early when multiball starts from the spinner shot. After collecting Dine Time, the ball drained after it kicked out early, started Multiball, and ended the ball with one trapped on the flipper. The ball should be left in the kicker whenever Multiball is ready to go (and starting up), along with collecting the Dine Time jackpot.

Apparently, it doesn't happen on the real one.

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
immnkt sure im gettin this but pinballfans saying tpa is too hard funny **** if theve uoed the ante all power to the rest get some balls and play! i suck too

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Recommended it's tough and fast (wipe call after I blew the dust out of my laptop with some compressed air). Nudging helps. Drains are tough out lanes are tough. Put up a measly 10 million in the few games I've played. It's good. I like it

wolfson

May 24, 2013
LUV IT!!! :p our 50th table,another great table.when I started back in sept 2012 who would have thought we`d have 50 tables.i`m over the moon,under it and any bloody side to it !!! I want to thank FARSIGHT very very much,keep these tables coming !!! I`m so looking forward to season 4,by the poll that was done,we should be looking at playing some great tables.i bought on pre order DRIVECLUB,THE CREW and PROJECT CARS on PS4,which I`m really looking forward to.they won`t be out till oct and nov,so it`ll be a lot of pinball till they come out.NEED FOR SPEED RIVALS was great,can`t wait till the next NEED FOR SPEED in 2015. :cool:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Wolfson, just want to say I always love reading your posts! :) wish I could have a beer with you some time, man.

Paul Petrissans

Jan 4, 2013
I really like the ruleset on this table, haven't figured out a strategy to go with yet. Nice companion to Taxi, so that Taxi doesn't get too boring. Playing on iPhone, I find the ball really loves to hit the the posts of the right ramp A LOT. It reminds me of the Hi/Lo shot on HRC when that first came out. Doesn't seem like that shot should be so hard to hit. Like in original release of HRC, doesn't seem to wanna sneak through from a trap, while the spinner and sinkhole are both very makeable (and visually a smaller window). The A in EAT is very hard to see from whether scrolling or fixed view. The clock looks weird to me. The rules state you start at 1:00, but it looks like 12:05. My biggest gripe, although it is probably accurate to the table, is that there is no hurry up bonus after a ball. That grates on me. The other day I was playing Back to the Future and abandoned the game due to long wait times between balls, but Diner is certainly not as long between balls as that. Like BttF, I don't see myself playing over and over and over due to that reason. Over all, a nice alternative to Taxi, which is a nostalgic fave, but much easier to get that jackpot!

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
I've been waiting with great curiosity for this release, as I own a Diner machine, and I must say, Farsight really hit this one out of the park. The sights, the (accurately lousy) sounds, the unflinching cruelty; everything is spot on. I doubt I'll play it much, as it would feel a bit foolish when the real deal is standing two feet away from me, but it's quite a trip to play a digital version of something so familiar. The overall experience of the digital version is absolutely spot on, and my scores so far a very much in line with what I've come to expect from Diner (i.e. bad).

I've noticed some differences in a few of the rules (most significantly, the point spread for stirring the cup), but I'll have to tinker around with my machine's settings to see if the deviation from the default is on my side or FS's. Either way, I actually much prefer the way it's set up in TPA, as stirring the cup is actually worthwhile.

Again, phenomenal job! Major kudos to Farsight!

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
So L-Roy. How accurate are the hungry outlanes compared to the real thing?
Very. Same goes for SDTMs. Luck plays a definite role in Diner, and the ratio of decent games to "screw it! - RESET!" games is pretty accurate as well. The only difference is that I'm much better at nudging in TPA.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Very. Same goes for SDTMs. Luck plays a definite role in Diner, and the ratio of decent games to "screw it! - RESET!" games is pretty accurate as well. The only difference is that I'm much better at nudging in TPA.

That's good to hear. I always have to chuckle a bit when people complain about outlanes as almost all real pinball machines have "hungry" outlanes because that's what they're there to do: gobble up your balls...as dirty as it sounds. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.