Strategy for numpties

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
How do I do this bloody table? I read the thread with all the detailed shot maps but I'm looking for something simpler. To be honest I really don't enjoy this older style of table but I want to be able to at least get a decent score on it once.

My current high score is 768K. My average game is about 150-300K. So I'm looking for a basic strategy aimed at a muppet numpty like me. No detail, no finesse, no options, just straightforward.

Please can someone give me a simple strategy to follow - like 'get all the X first then try to get the Y. After that see if you can XXX the ZZZ. do this on every ball'. That might make it a bit less like torture for me.

Many thanks peeps.

Pinetwig

Dec 23, 2013
I think the pics with arrows and stuff is the best you can get, Genie is all about staying alive and playing safe. That said, I'll never gonna get close to the 3M wiz goal.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
It's about as simple as it gets.

Shoot the spinner ad nauseaum, work on lighting the multipliers and hitting the drops up top to light extra balls.

My average score is well under a million but my high game i think was like 2.3 or something.
Once you get the flow, it's actually a very zen inducing table. I should spend some more time on it.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The first thing to do on every ball is to try and get an Extra Ball. This can be done in one of three ways:
1. Complete the white drop-down targets at the top-left (sometimes referred to as the "mini-playfield"). This lights the EB at the white spot target on the right-hand side of the table.
2. Complete the red drop-down targets at the top-left. This lights the Special at the red spot target on the right-hand side of the table. Special awards an EB.
3. Complete the A-B-C-D rollovers either at the top of the table, or on the left-hand side. This lights the EB at the spot target in the mini-playfield.

EBs don't stack (at least, they're not supposed to), so once you have one EB don't bother with any more for that ball. You can still set up one EB per ball you play, so it is possible to "go infinite".

Next, concentrate on getting 5x Bonus. The 4-bank of drop targets in the middle of the main playfield - to the right of the spinner - advances Bonus X. Whenever the lamp below the targets is lit, hitting any of the targets advances Bonus X. Various bumpers and other targets toggle the Bonus X lamp on/off.

Once you've done both of those, just concentrate on building up your bonus - which maxes out at 29K. The saucer in the top-right corner, when lit, collects your bonus and resets it to zero (but not the multiplier). So build it up to a nice amount, collect it, rinse and repeat.

--

That's the theory. The practice... well my best score is only just over 1M, so I still have a ways to go on that front.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
Thank you twig, balls and elder. So I just wail on the spinner and right-central drop targets and the drops at the top left. Ok I can dig that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Yeah, the spinner theory is that it's a reletively safe shot and will usually do something constructive. Either it will hit the bumpers and light the advance bonus multiplier, or it will put the ball in the upper left and allow you to wail on it.

There is a trick to keep that lower right ball return fairly safe. You will need to get a feel for the nudge to keep it from rolling to the left and out of play.
Unfortunately, that's kind of a necessary place to play to get the ABCD rollovers...or 1234 or whatever the hell they are lol.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
For the left-hand side A-B-C-D rollovers, D is safe (the ball will always hit the bumper and head out to the right), B and C are a toss-up, and A is for "Always Danger!". The best mileage I've got, is to nudge sharply left/ slightly up and the ball will ~75% of the time shoot to the right underneath the bumper and away from the Lane-of-Death. Sometimes it just doesn't work. If you're using a controller for analog nudging (PC or consoles), it's going to be safer than using a PC keyboard where you have no control over nudge strength and minimal over direction. I don't own the mobile version of the table so I can't comment there.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.